Jeff Monken a candidate for the Missouri and Boston College openings

majorQ9

Jolly Good Fellow
Boston college seems to be in a similar situation Chan’s teams were. Perennial seven win teams and lousy offense. Why not try a triple option coach if you’re them?

Techster

Helluva Engineer
He's a fantastic coach. If you watch his time at GA Southern, he's more than willing to veer (pun intended) from CPJ's pure flex option offense. Monken would have those programs winning big in a few years. For obvious reasons he wasn't feasible at GT, but I would have been more than happy to have had him as our coach.

Now the question would be whether Mizzou or BC had the balls to go through with it.

White_Gold

GT Athlete
He's a fantastic coach. If you watch his time at GA Southern, he's more than willing to veer (pun intended) from CPJ's pure flex option offense. Monken would have those programs winning big in a few years. For obvious reasons he wasn't feasible at GT, but I would have been more than happy to have had him as our coach.

Now the question would be whether Mizzou or BC had the balls to go through with it.

Monken does have a slightly different offense. But not all that different and mostly stems from different formations, not necessarily different plays. I think the better question is: Are we about to witness a self-imposed death penalty of a football program?

TheFlyest

Ramblin' Wreck

Milwaukee

Banned
Just saying

Just saying

31E06A3C-AE3C-41B1-9B80-405A2BFF5A7E.jpeg