Jeff Monken’s message to his team.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
Army up 14-7 at the half. Yeah...a lot of teams would be lucky to have Monken. He knows how to get his teams ready for big games.

Michigan keeps playing sloppy and they will have a tough time getting ahead.

But Harbaugh can always tell his team they will win regardless of sloppy play. Because....talent.
Michigan will probably be 9-3 as usual but if they go 8-4 Jim Harbaugh is in trouble

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
My original point is that is it was unnecessary to say his team was less talented, but then someone wanted to say the result of the game for no reason.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
They did the same thing to Oklahoma, a playoff team last year. UM is damn lucky Army missed the last second field goal.

And again. I’m glad the service academy players aren’t weak kneed pansies that get their feelings hurt over a comment that....actually shouldn’t even hurt the feelings of a weak kneed pansy.

Milwaukee

Banned
They did the same thing to Oklahoma, a playoff team last year. UM is damn lucky Army missed the last second field goal.

And again. I’m glad the service academy players aren’t weak kneed pansies that get their feelings hurt over a comment that....actually shouldn’t even hurt the feelings of a weak kneed pansy.

Are you upset that someone started this thread about Army. I can’t remember from the last 8 posts.

DCSS

Ramblin' Wreck
Monken’s statement to his Army team could apply to the Citadel team today. That is, unless you believe the Citadel is more talented than Georgia Tech.

Sometimes, the team that wants it more prevails.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
Regarding the OP, I think Monken realizes that the future leaders of our army are not snowflakes that need coddled. He never said they weren't talented, just that Michigan was more talented. I'd be more embarrassed if my coach had to lie to me so my feelings wouldn't get hurt.