Jeff Monken’s message to his team.

BonafideJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I like the idea but I think it’s always A No No to tell people my age they aren’t talented.

These guys go to West Point. Pretty sure they've been told a lot worse than that. They also know the reality of the situation. I'm fairly confident that they won't be triggered by their coach repeating the obvious (which by the way is that they may be less talented, not that they aren't talented). Those guys are tough and smart and value teamwork above all else. Hence why Monken's theme is that the most talented players don't always win, but the best team usually does.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
7-7 after Mich extends a drive with a fake punt and then a picky pass interference call in the end zone on another 3rd down conversion.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Yes....telling his team that they are a great team probably hacked him off bad. It would have been much better to tell all his players they are the most talented on the field. Teamwork, hustle, and heart don’t matter. Army will win because...more talented.

Our youth doesn’t have much grit...but a lot of those who do have it end up at places like West Point.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
These guys go to West Point. Pretty sure they've been told a lot worse than that. They also know the reality of the situation. I'm fairly confident that they won't be triggered by their coach repeating the obvious (which by the way is that they may be less talented, not that they aren't talented). Those guys are tough and smart and value teamwork above all else. Hence why Monken's theme is that the most talented players don't always win, but the best team usually does.

Yes, it’s all about teamwork. This is the same idea behind them not putting their names on their jerseys. “Army of one” ring a bell?

14-7 Army over Michigan, late in the first half.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Army up 14-7 at the half. Yeah...a lot of teams would be lucky to have Monken. He knows how to get his teams ready for big games.

Michigan keeps playing sloppy and they will have a tough time getting ahead.

But Harbaugh can always tell his team they will win regardless of sloppy play. Because....talent.