Jaz Lee - potential breakout

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
So educate me as to what I should have posted. I’m old and don’t know better.

It's no biggie, old-timer. Whenever there's a thread title with just a player/coach's name there's an assumption that something bad happened.

It's actually something we all need to just get over, honestly.

And I'm pretty sure most folks here are "old" so that's no biggie either. :oldman:

nod

Ramblin' Wreck
I really hope J Lee breaks out this year, he was awesome on OL, then injuries hit.
He's great player and hard working, he deserves a great year!

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I’m old. I’m not dead.

Well played sir, well played.
giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alagold

Helluva Engineer
Jaz coming back is a nice surprise for a DL needing help but until he shows his leg is fully well and he sees action we won't know much really. I mean the man has only ONE tackle on DEf so ACC is a stretch.Just being a real positive is all I hope for.

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
Going to be interesting to see what JL can do on defense. DL and DT in particular is a tough position to just suddenly move to and be good.

On the other hand Jahazil's history suggests he could succeed.First he surprised as a tr-fr on the OL with his athleticism and ability to take coaching. Then he successfully moved to center. He is physically mature and has played a lot of college snaps in the trenches. He's very athletic, and he played DT on a good team in a good HS football state in Louisiana. Comes accross as a bright, high character guy in interviews.

I'm thinking he will excel holding the point of attack, and hopefully he will also be able to flow down the line and help stuff the run. I could see a decent bull rush out of him as well. Has a decent ceiling at the position, but not much time to learn use of hands and rush moves.

Fascinating position change for a player who is easy to pull for. Will be fun to watch him develop there.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Going to be interesting to see what JL can do on defense. DL and DT in particular is a tough position to just suddenly move to and be good.

On the other hand Jahazil's history suggests he could succeed.First he surprised as a tr-fr on the OL with his athleticism and ability to take coaching. Then he successfully moved to center. He is physically mature and has played a lot of college snaps in the trenches. He's very athletic, and he played DT on a good team in a good HS football state in Louisiana. Comes accross as a bright, high character guy in interviews.

I'm thinking he will excel holding the point of attack, and hopefully he will also be able to flow down the line and help stuff the run. I could see a decent bull rush out of him as well. Has a decent ceiling at the position, but not much time to learn use of hands and rush moves.

Fascinating position change for a player who is easy to pull for. Will be fun to watch him develop there.

Agreed, I also think he will benefit GREATLY from having Antonneous Clayton bring his bull rush to the line. We will see what comes from that, but I am expecting him to demand double coverage or he'll be in the back field which should help the rest of the line considerably.

swarmer

Ramblin' Wreck
Agreed, I also think he will benefit GREATLY from having Antonneous Clayton bring his bull rush to the line. We will see what comes from that, but I am expecting him to demand double coverage or he'll be in the back field which should help the rest of the line considerably.

High hopes for a guy that barely played elsewhere. Here’s to hoping you’re right.