Jaybo Shaw takes over as Coach at Rabun County...

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Upon retirement, we downsized and moved into our vacation home in Rabun County. This is a fabulous community and the high school team has created something of a small dynasty here. Amazing that with a small population the high school team here has been able to find quality athletes as well as coach up players who would be considered too small to play if they were in South Georgia.

GTJeff1975

Jolly Good Fellow
Congrats Jabo! I grew up & went to high school in the next county west of Rabun (Habersham). Know that area like the back of my hand! Good Luck Jabo!!!

theputnambee

Georgia Tech Fan
We live in Rabun and my son plays offensive tackle on the football team. Jaybo was offensive coordinator and will make a great coach. One to keep an eye on is our freshman QB Gunner Stockton. He had 2,976 yards passing for 37 touchdowns and 4 int,s. Also had 785 yards rushing for 14 touchdowns. He has a cannon of a arm.Pretty good for a freshman. I hope coach Collins has Jaybo Shaw on speed dial!

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
We live in Rabun and my son plays offensive tackle on the football team. Jaybo was offensive coordinator and will make a great coach. One to keep an eye on is our freshman QB Gunner Stockton. He had 2,976 yards passing for 37 touchdowns and 4 int,s. Also had 785 yards rushing for 14 touchdowns. He has a cannon of a arm.Pretty good for a freshman. I hope coach Collins has Jaybo Shaw on speed dial!

"Gunner" Stockton???? His parents must have had a revelation when he was born! :D

Goatman93

Jolly Good Fellow
The Universal Joint is pretty good. Coach Shaw was like a young Erk Russell. He didn't mind getting that forehead bloody.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
For country cooking the Clayton Cafe is becoming the go to place. There is a pretty good place in Mountain City but sometimes they put way too much salt in their dishes.

IEEEWreck

Ramblin' Wreck
For country cooking the Clayton Cafe is becoming the go to place. There is a pretty good place in Mountain City but sometimes they put way too much salt in their dishes.
Clayton Cafe is pretty good. Although these days I do more cooking when I'm up there than eating out- the Osage stand has some mighty fine produce, among others. That area makes some of the best tomatoes in the world.

I'm also enthusiastic about the opportunities for drinking my whisky clear and made in Rabun County. Rose is pretty good.

Goatman93

Jolly Good Fellow
Clayton Cafe is pretty good. Although these days I do more cooking when I'm up there than eating out- the Osage stand has some mighty fine produce, among others. That area makes some of the best tomatoes in the world.

I'm also enthusiastic about the opportunities for drinking my whisky clear and made in Rabun County. Rose is pretty good.
Yeah. I just wish their produce was organic.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer

Summer produce at Osage is traditional for us. And yes, the tomatoes they raise are some of the best I have ever had, rivaling some I had in Toombs County years ago. Some of their heirlooms are really excellent.

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
we did some work on Burton years ago for Saban on one of his houses as well as Alan Jackson. My crew alone kept woods Diner open for business (off burton dam rd). Love that area.
Congrats Jaybo