Jay Finch news

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
From Walt Deptula a radio host here in SC...if true this is bad news as this is the shoulder he had surgery on.

@deptulahasrage: GT win a big injury, All-ACC center Jay Finch reinjured his shoulder and will be out indefinitely. Center spot very important in that O.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
We will see how bad the injury is when CPJ addresses it...hopefully he won't need surgery.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
I hate that for Jay, from watching in high school to now he's been one of the hardest working players I've seen in a long time. Get well Jay and hurry back!

jchens_GT

Ramblin' Wreck
Out of all the injuries on the OL, I hate to see this one the most. It's never good to see a guy injured during his last season of football. It hurts even more when he is a very talented guy at probably the most crucial position on the line.

Hopefully he gets healthy and Beno or O'Reilly step up.

gtpkt

Jolly Good Fellow
Seriously, we've had the worst luck at Center this year. I hope Burden and Finch heal up just fine, not just for our benefit (Finch in 2013, Burden in 2014).

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
Don't play ANY of these guys until UNC. If you can't beat Elon or Duke with out them, you deserve whatever happens...
Don't sleep on Duke. They beat UNC last year. Cutcliffe has them at a level where they can beat a good team on any given Saturday if that team doesn't bring it. I believe they were a bowl team last year.

Bigb

Jolly Good Fellow
Don't sleep on Duke. They beat UNC last year. Cutcliffe has them at a level where they can beat a good team on any given Saturday if that team doesn't bring it. I believe they were a bowl team last year.

They lost Renfree though and will be breaking in a new offense. Should be a gimmie game.

That doesn't always work out though.