Ja'Quon Griffin

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Well, it would have been surprising to see Jamious leave, but JaQuon stay. I appreciate both these guys. I don't think we have seen anywhere near the end of this yet. I hope we can somehow find the replacements we need in the portal, but I have my doubts we will be able to get all the "holes" filled.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
Was going to be the top returning interior DL according to PFF (followed by Lockhart and Chimezda). Not a small loss.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Yet another victim of the transition. Griffin the Younger was a prototypical Woody style DT: strong, small, and quick. Then Woody lost his job as DC. (Imho, that was probably the biggest single personnel mistake made in the transition, though I understand that new coaches normally clear the decks.) And Griffin found himself in a D that requires space eaters instead of gap rushers at DT. And lost playing time as a result. If Woody had continued as DC we'd have a whole DL full of guys like him, for good or ill.

Good luck JaQuon! Thanks for your contributions to Tech football and I hope you land somewhere that you can use your talent more effectively.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I like Jaquon. Seemed to slip a lot of blocks. He made some big plays for us. Was worried when we recruited him that he'd be undersized, but he was a pleasant surprise for our defense over the years.

He's going to be a good contributor for some team. Wish him well. Griffin boys always repped the Institute well during their time here.