Jan Kemp Era

crl85

Jolly Good Fellow
During the sec network's coverage of COFH, they listed the overall series record to reflect uga's fictitious omission of two of our wins. These wins are bc of alleged illegal players. During Jan Kenp's employment at georgia, their administrators and president admitted to cheating players out of an education. Are we expected to count their wins during this time?

Also, is there a statue if on limitations on ncaa action, bc georgia should be stripped of their single title.

Food for thought.

Georgia doesn't discount those two Tech wins because of "alleged illegal players." They refuse to count them, because Tech made LEGAL use of servicemen in school at Tech for the war (the V-12 program). Tech was not the only school in the country to use such athletes, but Georgia is the only school in the country to object to them, and solely because Tech beat them. I've never heard complaints from Auburn, Tulane, Clemson, UNC, LSU, and others. And having those players didn't keep us from getting beat by ND, Navy, and Duke. It's just typical mutt excuse making for having lousy football teams and getting beat. Georgia also tried the same crap during WWI, because they didn't have enough athletes to compete, while Tech had ROTC athletes.

Dan Magill admitted he vacated those two wins in the 60s just yo get under the skin of the GT fans. I knew him and he absolutely loathed GT
I knew that Dan McGill did it, but I didn't know his reasoning. Just another typical whining mutt. The sad thing is that so many of the media bought that crap until recent years. You seldom see those two games omitted anymore. Although I guess I'm not surprised that the SEC network would buy into it.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
I knew that Dan McGill did it, but I didn't know his reasoning. Just another typical whining mutt. The sad thing is that so many of the media bought that crap until recent years. You seldom see those two games omitted anymore. Although I guess I'm not surprised that the SEC network would buy into it.
And, the SEC and NCAA have always counted those victories for Tech. TECH was SEC champs those years.

Philhutch80

Jolly Good Fellow
Does UGA recognize all four of the national championships that the NCAA recognizes? I honestly have not looked...

northgajacket

Banned
I try not to sink to their level. It's extremely petty that they don't recognize those wins because they got stomped.

As for the Jan Kemp saga, that crap was probably going on long before she even arrived, she just spoke up.

Philhutch80

Jolly Good Fellow
What is funny is how the more I reflect on it, GT really IS the big brother that has his **** together and lets the little brother dwags run roughshod a bit too much, until older brother needs to keep little brother in line...
Actually to amend, it's more like living the movie Step-Brothers come to think about it, lol.

northgajacket

Banned
What is funny is how the more I reflect on it, GT really IS the big brother that has his **** together and lets the little brother dwags run roughshod a bit too much, until older brother needs to keep little brother in line...

That's why uga has an inferiority complex. Almost every uga grad I know acts like they graduated from the "Harvard of the South"

All they have is football, that's why their self-esteem rides on the results

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
The 3 years I was in Athens, Coach Copas taught "Driver's Education" classes every Spring. They were 5 hr classes and since the football players registered before anyone else, those classes were always closed before anyone else could register.:rolleyes:
You can't make this stuff up!
As for Div. 1A football championships, the NCAA does not recognize any because they didn't award them. That is why they are referred to as "Mythical National Championships".