Jamie Newmann opts out.

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
Very big new from Athens. I guess it’s either a transfer RS Fr, or a true frosh. Either way, we’ll know their starter before we know ours.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Very big new from Athens. I guess it’s either a transfer RS Fr, or a true frosh. Either way, we’ll know their starter before we know ours.

There were reports that USC transfer JT Daniels has looked better before this announcement. Of course, that's just internet speculation. The timing of the opt out does raise questions.

herb

Helluva Engineer
May not be the right place to put this, but there isn't a general football site and it does involve a former Wake Forest player but Jamie Newman, Former Wake QB who transferred to dwags, has opted out of the season.

gville_jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
To me, what's interesting about the timing is that the NCAA has already said this year basically doesn't count to eligibility. Why not play? If you're concerned about COVID, I would think you'd already have opted out to reduce exposure at camp.

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
To me, what's interesting about the timing is that the NCAA has already said this year basically doesn't count to eligibility. Why not play? If you're concerned about COVID, I would think you'd already have opted out to reduce exposure at camp.
He’s an NFL caliber QB. Could’ve entered the draft last year.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
May not be the right place to put this, but there isn't a general football site and it does involve a former Wake Forest player but Jamie Newman, Former Wake QB who transferred to dwags, has opted out of the season.

That‘s a REAL shame

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
What if J. Fields decides to come back? Won’t that discredit his previous sightings of it being a racially hostile environment to play football or attend school? Hence him getting cleared By the NCAA and declared immediately eligible to play at OSU last year. Correct? I mention this because I heard that he was at UGA Football practice the other day. Do you believe that 1. He would go back? Can he trust Kirby to follow through with whatever he’s telling Fields (if he is indeed interested in getting him back?) 2. That Kirby and the team would accept him back? 3. How would the existing QB’s on the roster feel about Fields coming back with the expectation that he would walk onto campus as the #1 starting QB? All in all it’s not a good position to be in a week or so out from Game 1.