Jamie Foxx at GT

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
It's extremely weird that you only compared him to be 'on the level of' other black actors instead of just other actors. Jamie Foxx has won an Oscar (for Ray). Add in Django, Dreamgirls, Baby Driver, Jarhead, Horrible Bosses (all off the top of my head) and he's undeniably an A list actor spanning many decades of work.
Did he get an Oscar for "Collateral Damage" (IIRC), with Tom Cruise?

LibertyTurns

Banned
It's extremely weird that you only compared him to be 'on the level of' other black actors instead of just other actors. Jamie Foxx has won an Oscar (for Ray). Add in Django, Dreamgirls, Baby Driver, Jarhead, Horrible Bosses (all off the top of my head) and he's undeniably an A list actor spanning many decades of work.
Ok, he’s not Lucille Ball, Jack Nicholson, Katherine Hepburn, Al Pacino, Whoopi Goldberg, Meryl Streep, Robert DeNiro, Barbara Streisand, or Paul Newman, either.

You need to get out more!
Probably so, but I enjoy a good sports game more than I do movies. Frankly, I’d rather see the guys working out with Calvin Johnson or current NFL players, but it is good they’re having fun distractions like this. Helps the program overall.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
Ok, he’s not Lucille Ball, Jack Nicholson, Katherine Hepburn, Al Pacino, Whoopi Goldberg, Meryl Streep, Robert DeNiro, Barbara Streisand, or Paul Newman, either.

Probably so, but I enjoy a good sports game more than I do movies. Frankly, I’d rather see the guys working out with Calvin Johnson or current NFL players, but it is good they’re having fun distractions like this. Helps the program overall.
He's better (IMO) than about half those you mentioned. Only time will tell where he stands with the rest.

Jophish17

Jolly Good Fellow
Calvin worked out on campus during the off-season many times during his career. Like someone else said, our facilities get a lot of use.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Any good publicity we can get the better. We definitely need it.

That being said I had looked this guy up & found nothing that looked remotely familiar. After all the comments on here I doubled back. He’s done one thing anyone in my family has ever seen, White House Down. My wife was watching it one night when I walked in & it was a decent enough movie. He’s certainly a talented actor. That being said he’s certainly not on the level of a Morgan Freeman, Denzel Washington, Will Smith, James Earl Jones, Samuel L Jackson, etc. I’m not glued to the tv, so perhaps there’s a whole world out there I’m missing out on.
If you don't know who Jamie Foxx is, then...well, I don't know what then...you're probably not very clued into what's going on in entertainment for the past 20 years. He is absolutely an A-List player. He's as big as anyone in Hollywood, and I'm a 52-year-old white guy saying that.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Any good publicity we can get the better. We definitely need it.

That being said I had looked this guy up & found nothing that looked remotely familiar. After all the comments on here I doubled back. He’s done one thing anyone in my family has ever seen, White House Down. My wife was watching it one night when I walked in & it was a decent enough movie. He’s certainly a talented actor. That being said he’s certainly not on the level of a Morgan Freeman, Denzel Washington, Will Smith, James Earl Jones, Samuel L Jackson, etc. I’m not glued to the tv, so perhaps there’s a whole world out there I’m missing out on.

Yeah it’s time to sit this convo out

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
We don’t know everything, so let me educate you instead of mock @LibertyTurns

There is no entertainer more talented than Jamie Foxx

D115396C-2EE5-43CE-BE35-49D3DCA2C6B9.jpeg

2 Platinum R&B albums

Certified platinum Stand-up comedy special

Trained pianist

Sitcom & Improv star

Currently host of Shazam on Fox

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I was listening to Joe Rogan and Dave Chapelle on Rogan's latest podcast. They were talking about mutual friends and how talented they are. They went on a rant about how talented Jamie Foxx is.

There's a reason why GT social media is making a big deal out of Foxx being at our facilities.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
We don’t know everything, so let me educate you instead of mock @LibertyTurns

There is no entertainer more talented than Jamie Foxx

View attachment 10498

2 Platinum R&B albums

Certified platinum Stand-up comedy special

Trained pianist

Sitcom & Improv star

Currently host of Shazam on Fox
Do you remember the name of his TV series from the '90s? I don't recall if Tyler Perry was associated or not, but I recall it seemed to have his touch on it.