James Graham Transferring

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Not surprising at all. Really wished he would have tried another position like slot WR or DB...he has difference making athletic ability and speed to be a very good player somewhere.

Wish JG well. Always repped GT well. Good luck to him, and hope to see him ball the F out at his next stop.

gojackets05

Georgia Tech Fan
My guess would be that they wanted him to swap positions and he wanted to stay a QB. Not that surprised with the move. Best of luck

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Couldn’t be happier for him and I hope it works out that he can go somewhere and win next season. He was a good dude and teammate throughout this season.

I still think we mismanaged this year, but understand Sims is the future so they chose to develop him over getting JG snaps to be more competitive immediately.

I will follow JG’s next stop with interest much as I did Parker’s stop at UT (Austin)

Deleted member 2897

He was one of the guys that really got caught up in the coaching transition. We have a great corps of WRs and DBs now, so he really doesn't have a good spot. And unlike Demetrius Knight, Tobias Oliver, etc. who were willing to change positions, James may not have wanted to.

If ya'll remember during his recruitment, he was one of those low key guys who was never on social media, wasn't one of those "look at me" hype guys. He's just a good good dude. I hope he ends up somewhere that suits him well - he deserves it.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Couldn’t be happier for him and I hope it works out that he can go somewhere and win next season. He was a good dude and teammate throughout this season.

I still think we mismanaged this year, but understand Sims is the future so they chose to develop him over getting JG snaps to be more competitive immediately.

I will follow JG’s next stop with interest much as I did Parker’s stop at UT (Austin)

I am not convinced we would have been more competitive immediately with him at QB, but that discussion has probably been beaten to death. Lol. I will be interested to see where he goes and what position he plays, though. He has been a fine Jacket all around.

Deleted member 2897

Well, if true that implies he probably didn’t want to entertain changing positions.

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
I hate to see him leave. I think he was our best bet as the #2 quarterback. I think Yates only got in for the Clemson disaster and didn't show much. I still can't figure out the so called ATL. Graham wasn't on it and played over the other two quarterbacks.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I hate to see him leave. I think he was our best bet as the #2 quarterback. I think Yates only got in for the Clemson disaster and didn't show much. I still can't figure out the so called ATL. Graham wasn't on it and played over the other two quarterbacks.

The whole ATL idea was good at first considering the marketing tie in, but TBH, it's starting to become silly. I'm saying it as one of CGC's biggest defenders.