James Graham named to Pro Football Focus' ACC Team of the Week for Week 13

TheFlyest

Ramblin' Wreck
I though P’Nut actually drew up a good game plan especially in the first half.

Between that game, UVA, & Miami I don’t get why people be so hard on JG.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Between that game, UVA, & Miami I don’t get why people be so hard on JG.

He is a good player and has done some good things. I do think there are valid criticisms: He doesn't throw the ball away when the play is obviously over, He has made cuts right into blockers when running, In the game Thursday he stayed locked on to one receiver and didn't notice a wide open receivers in the middle a couple of times ... However, most of those things will get better as he gets more experience. While I believe it is fair to point out objective criticisms, making general statements of opinion that he can't play, or doesn't know what he is doing, or whatever are uncalled for.

Deleted member 2897

You guys know I love our team and our guys. But this one has me scratching my head. Against the single worst team in the ACC. And Graham was 1/5 for 9 yards passing in the second half.

Trevor Lawrence, against the #2 team in the ACC went for 21/27 for 272 yards passing and 4 TDs. And of course he spent a lot of the game seated. 0 turnovers.

James Graham went 7/15 for 129 yards and 3 TDs with another rushing on the ground 112 yards there. Had 2 critical fumbles. I don't think Graham even had the better first half, as almost all of what Lawrence did was also in the first half before they benched him to keep him healthy in a blow out. The whole list is of all positions was kind of weird that way.

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
You guys know I love our team and our guys. But this one has me scratching my head. Against the single worst team in the ACC. And Graham was 1/5 for 9 yards passing in the second half.

Trevor Lawrence, against the #2 team in the ACC went for 21/27 for 272 yards passing and 4 TDs. And of course he spent a lot of the game seated. 0 turnovers.

James Graham went 7/15 for 129 yards and 3 TDs with another rushing on the ground 112 yards there. Had 2 critical fumbles. I don't think Graham even had the better first half, as almost all of what Lawrence did was also in the first half before they benched him to keep him healthy in a blow out. The whole list is of all positions was kind of weird that way.

Clemson was idle last week. That might have something to do with it.

gtstinger776

Ramblin' Wreck
Graham has all of the tools / talent. I think missing some wide open throws is on him (e.g. over throwing sanders on a wide open crossing route that would’ve gone for 6 against NCSU). But so much falls on OLine play (he is a freshman after all) and bad play design (why don’t we do more zone reads or RPO?).