Jalen Hurts enters Portal

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
Why is everyone so anxious for one of these transfer QB's?

Personally, I am very excited to see the QB's we already have on our team in a new offensive scheme. We don't need no stinkin' transfers! Go Yellow Jackets....I am rooting for the guys who have been here all along!

All of the quarterbacks we have on the team now had pretty good passing stats in high school before they came to Tech. So I don’t think there is a great need for a one-year transfer quarterback. Need to keep the morale of the whole team up by throwing (no pun intended) the competition wide open for all the existing quarterbacks.

I also remember a certain transfer quarterback that came in back when the unmentionable one began his first year as head coach on The Flats ... it was a disaster.

Sarrick

Ramblin' Wreck
Jalen graduated this past semester, so doesn’t that mean he could be a grad transfer and not have to sit out a year?

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
Not sure if Jalen’s academic record at Alabama qualifies him for admission at Georgia Tech, anyway. Does anyone know what he majored in at Bama?

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Not sure where this is coming from, but I wouldn't count out Houston, Arizona, TCU, or Florida State. I doubt he ends up at Oklahoma or Miami
Just curious, and not that I would condone this, but does it matter for a grad transfer? It’s almost like a one and done right. They only play the sport for one semester. Does the kid even have to progress towards a grad degree?

DAVID F

Georgia Tech Fan
This is for GTRAmbler. Every time I see that sorry piece of crap I want to gag or throw something at the tv.

buzzwilder

Georgia Tech Fan
Crap...the important part of my last post got cut off. Latest odds on where he'll end up ...per @BetMyBookie...
TCU +400 Maryland +500 Auburn +500 Miami +600 Houston +600 Arkansas +700 Florida +700 Alabama +700 Florida State +800 Tennessee +800 Florida Atlantic +1000

MikeJacket1967

Helluva Engineer
Crap...the important part of my last post got cut off. Latest odds on where he'll end up ...per @BetMyBookie...
TCU +400 Maryland +500 Auburn +500 Miami +600 Houston +600 Arkansas +700 Florida +700 Alabama +700 Florida State +800 Tennessee +800 Florida Atlantic +1000
It wouldn't surprise me if he wound up at Tennessee however I would put Miami and Houston as the favorites right now:cigar:

Buzzmaster

Georgia Tech Fan
Why is everyone so anxious for one of these transfer QB's?

Personally, I am very excited to see the QB's we already have on our team in a new offensive scheme. We don't need no stinkin' transfers! Go Yellow Jackets....I am rooting for the guys who have been here all along!
Me too. I would rather see us use that Scolly on offensive and defensive linemen.

GT14

Jolly Good Fellow
Why no mention of the Shane Beuchele (sp?) kid from TX?

I'd love if we got Boosh. He was good in Sterling Gilbert's offense we saw against USF, but just wasn't as good as Sam in Herman's offense. From the way it sounds, Collins might run something similar to Gilbert's offense so he could be a very good fit. Especially with a battering ram package on the goal line like Texas ran with Swoopes that year with their 18 wheeler package. We've got a lot of running QB's so that package could work very well...

Have you heard anything about him transferring? I've been searching "Shane Buchele transfer" every couple months for a year now because I think he could be awesome somewhere where he's not behind a guy as good as Sam.