Jalen Camp

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
Pretty excited to see what Camp can do in the NFL. I will say, though, I’m not sure he plays as strong as he tests. In his 48 career receptions, he’s never forced a single missed tackle. Not one.

Josh H

Jolly Good Fellow
Pretty excited to see what Camp can do in the NFL. I will say, though, I’m not sure he plays as strong as he tests. In his 48 career receptions, he’s never forced a single missed tackle. Not one.
I saw that stat from last year. Did not realize it extended to his entire career.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
I saw that stat from last year. Did not realize it extended to his entire career.
A couple positive career stats for Camp. 6 career penalties, 0 fumbles, 4 drops.

One interesting stat is that he had 0 inline snaps in his career. Maybe not a surprise for the film guys here.

Other than the lack of broken tackles, the other negative stat that jumps out is that he’s “responsible” for 10 INTs in his career (drop, giving up on route, getting out-contested, etc.). This is all from PFF.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Other than the lack of broken tackles, the other negative stat that jumps out is that he’s “responsible” for 10 INTs in his career (drop, giving up on route, getting out-contested, etc.). This is all from PFF.
Giving up on routes? I remember that comment last year & it probably wouldn't have been the right thing to do but wished the coaches would have made a public example out of someone. Short of that someone needed to ride the pine. I don’t know how or why you leave a player on the field that’s not playing hard when you got guys that would bust their *** on the sideline. Can’t have players taking plays off at this level.

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
Very long YouTube video but if anyone wants to check out Jalen's interview from this morning here it is. Jalen's interview starts at about the 3 hour 5 minute mark

"Quinn Miner's dad does not own a gym... He owns a food truck" hahaha

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
He's still working

And he did it right too! Most people let their hips come off the bench. Like my old high school coach (he was our OL/DL coach, but he believed in weight training even back in the early 60s) used to say, "Son, this is not a back exercise!"

Camp is pretty awesome. I wouldn't be surprised if a pro team tried to convert him into an OLB.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
… the other negative stat that jumps out is that he’s “responsible” for 10 INTs in his career (drop, giving up on route, getting out-contested, etc.). This is all from PFF.
This is soooo stupid. It's like blaming a QB for an INT on a tipped ball. The person who made the INT was the D player, usually on a great play. About the only thing you can blame a WR for in these stats is an INT that comes from a drop.

This is like errors in baseball. The whole idea stems not from the actual game and how its played, but from a Platonic ideal of the game.