Jahmyr Gibbs & what might have been...

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
10-2 and in the top 10 CFP. Is that really "is Saban's time over" territory? They still have a legitimate shot of backing their way into the CFP. People's expectations have gone completely past reality. OSU fans are talking about firing Ryan Day who has lost a grand total of 5 games in 4 years.
Agree. But then I’m the guy that thought people wanting CPJ gone after 2010, 2013 and 2015 were getting too spoiled by success and being unrealistic about down years.

But, to be fair, I thought uga fans were delusional to get rid of a winning coach, Mark Richt, in exchange for an unknown named Kirby Smart.

NikeJacket

Georgia Tech Fan
More importantly, what’s he going to say when introduced on SNF? A la Russel Wilson’s “whole pack of badgers”

Randy Carson

Helluva Engineer
Let me try a different approach.

Ten years from now, do you think the license plate holder on the back of Gibb's ride will say "Georgia Tech" or "Roll Tide"?

My vote?

1669737196189.png

swarmer

Ramblin' Wreck
I wonder if he hurt his draft stock at Bama. He didn’t show anything additional, yet he made it more clear he can’t be an every down back. He still has a home in the league, but I can’t see him being a top back taken if he is useless in short yardage, and red zone.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
I wonder if he hurt his draft stock at Bama. He didn’t show anything additional, yet he made it more clear he can’t be an every down back. He still has a home in the league, but I can’t see him being a top back taken if he is useless in short yardage, and red zone.

He's been projected into either the first or second round, and a good combine will only solidify that.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer

Not at all. The NFL RB game is totally morphed into having multiple guys with different skill sets and keeping them fresh. He'll be fine.

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
He's been projected into either the first or second round, and a good combine will only solidify that.

Mocks mean very little right now but 2-3 round sounds about right. I definitely don’t see the falcons taking a RB at 13. Maybe with the second pick or trading down, but for reference the first rb was drafted at 36 last year. I could see him sneaking into the end of the first round with a great combine.

Novajacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Even if his stats are the same he has a lot more nil money. That will protect him if his draft stock falls. I wonder if that will keep him at bama. If he knows he can get more from nil, then lower round pick.

Jacketman99

Ramblin' Wreck
Even if his stats are the same he has a lot more nil money. That will protect him if his draft stock falls. I wonder if that will keep him at bama. If he knows he can get more from nil, then lower round pick.
It would make no sense to stay at Bama. He will likely be the 2nd rb drafted. As a rb you want to get to that 2nd contract and make as much money as you can before 30. I think leaving after 3 years was always the plan for Gibbs.

Dress2Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
If you were a GM for which position would you draft him? He seems sort of slight of build for an NFL RB.

Utility guy. A guy who can line up in the backfield, in the slot, return kicks, etc. Get him 15 touches a game, not 30. His challenge is his size and probably blocking ability. If he's in the backfield and the defense vs blocking scheme requires him to block anyone bigger than a CB, it is a mismatch.

Novajacket

Jolly Good Fellow
It would make no sense to stay at Bama. He will likely be the 2nd rb drafted. As a rb you want to get to that 2nd contract and make as much money as you can before 30. I think leaving after 3 years was always the plan for Gibbs.
Don't disagree with the basics of what your saying. Main question is what pick will he be selected and if he thinks he can get to the second contract. RBs typically don't make it past 4 yrs. So if nil money is more than his yearly salary in NFL, it may more sense to stay in college. Lot of ifs, main being is he sure will go in top 3 rounds and how much nil money he is making,