Jahmyr Gibbs & what might have been...

Randy Carson

Helluva Engineer
So, I just took a look at the regular season stats for Jahmyr Gibbs.

136 carries
850 yds
7 TD's

143 carries
746 yds
4 TD's

I dunno. He had to do what he thought best. But only 100 yards more at Bama? Where he's just another cog in a machine that grinds them out?

He coulda been a legend at Tech, and his role might have been the same or bigger under our new leadership.

1976jacket

Georgia Tech Fan

136 carries
850 yds
7 TD's

143 carries
746 yds
4 TD's

I dunno. He had to do what he thought best. But only 100 yards more at Bama? Where he's just another cog in a machine that grinds them out?

He coulda been a legend at Tech, and his role might have been the same or bigger under our new leadership.
When they didnt get rid of Collins at end of last year it was already too late to hope Gibbs would stay. Gibbs is good wherever he is. But there were several others who left that made impacts. But thats life with NIL now. Bad coach and they abandon ship.

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
Still curious to know if Choice leaving was as big of a factor as some in the know have indicated. Having a true super star to build the O around after Key took over and the QB injuries happened could have definitely led to another win or two.

slugboy

Staff member
He is currently “rated” the #2 RB and projected for the second round. He could bomb at the combine, but one of the few things he could do to improve his draft prospects is to blow away the Heisman field next year.
Really, unless Bama and Saban swear they’re going to change their offense to win him the Heisman, the juice isn’t worth the squeeze of staying. He should go now

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer

136 carries
850 yds
7 TD's

143 carries
746 yds
4 TD's

You can't discount his receiving either
2022 42 378 3 tds
2021 36 470 2tds

His production stayed roughly the same but Unlike here, he will be bowling and will have got a much larger set of eyes on him.

He also likely stays one more year at bama for a shot at a natty.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
He is currently “rated” the #2 RB and projected for the second round. He could bomb at the combine, but one of the few things he could do to improve his draft prospects is to blow away the Heisman field next year.
Really, unless Bama and Saban swear they’re going to change their offense to win him the Heisman, the juice isn’t worth the squeeze of staying. He should go now

Bama will have a different cooardinator next year. It is very likely you would see that change. Saban was a little annoyed this year with how little they ran the ball in some games.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
You can't discount his receiving either
2022 42 378 3 tds
2021 36 470 2tds

His production stayed roughly the same but Unlike here, he will be bowling and will have got a much larger set of eyes on him.

He also likely stays one more year at bama for a shot at a natty.
If he is a top 100 pick he is gone. As said earlier RBs have very short playing careers for a reason. Gibbs isn't going to get better playing college football.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
If he is a top 100 pick he is gone. As said earlier RBs have very short playing careers for a reason. Gibbs isn't going to get better playing college football.

Maybe, but if he's looking at a shot at a heisman and a natty + bama 7 figure NIL deal for being the starting RB its a different decision than it was in the past. Don't forget that trophy comes with some pretty lucrative advertising deals.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
Maybe, but if he's looking at a shot at a heisman and a natty + bama 7 figure NIL deal for being the starting RB its a different decision than it was in the past. Don't forget that trophy comes with some pretty lucrative advertising deals.
Very few RBs win the Heisman Trophy. Most RBs share the carries now. QBs nearly have a lock on the Trophy. Big money comes from the 2nd NFL contract.