Jahmyr Gibbs, Quez Jackson named to preseason All-ACC team

alagold

Helluva Engineer
There's a big difference between having good to very good running backs on the field vs having a legitimate home run threat every time he touches the ball on the field. You might be selling Gibbs a little short here. If we wanna sniff a bowl game, he's gonna have to play in all or nearly all of the games.
EXACTLY.

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck
I don't think anything guarantees he will be injured. I just took from the comment that losing both would be disastrous. Not that I agree with the assertion.
I think he's responding to the comment suggesting that since Gibbs missed time last year, he would miss time this year too. I doubt that's the case since I think he just missed time from a "simple" pulled hammy.

slugboy

Staff member
The whole d-line is basically clemson
Except one—where are they from? 🧐
Think Stephen Colbert GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

Lotta Booze

Ramblin' Wreck

Pretty wild to think we'll have Domineck Kennard, Ivey, and Clayton returning (and others?) and then ADDING Harris and White to the DE room. That's some competition and depth right there.

And shoot, if you compare that group to the ATL chart from the Pitt game last season it's quite a difference. In that game we had Charlie Thomas, Antwan Owens, and the 2 FR Kennard and Ivey at DE.

Uh oh. I'm starting to get that feeling...is it called "hope"? Must be summer

Last edited:

Lee

Ramblin' Wreck
Pretty wild to think we'll have Domineck Kennard, Ivey, and Clayton returning (and others?) and then ADDING Harris and White to the DE room. That's some competition and depth right there.

And shoot, if you compare that group to the ATL chart from the Pitt game last season it's quite a difference. In that game we had Charlie Thomas, Antwan Owens, and the 2 FR Kennard and Ivey at DE.

Uh oh. I'm starting to get that feeling...is it called "hope"? Must be summer

My concern is the interior of our DL. I think we will have some guys that can really get after the QB of the edge.

I'm no DL expert, but I'm hoping we move Clayton and maybe White inside some on passing downs to get 4 guys in there that can get after the QB. That edge group and the RB group are the best we've had on campus in a long time!

Lotta Booze

Ramblin' Wreck
My concern is the interior of our DL. I think we will have some guys that can really get after the QB of the edge.

I'm no DL expert, but I'm hoping we move Clayton and maybe White inside some on passing downs to get 4 guys in there that can get after the QB. That edge group and the RB group are the best we've had on campus in a long time!
Definitely agree. Interior DL does not have near the depth that we seem to have at DE.

But, if I'm gonna be my foolish hopeful self, i do think TK and Jaquon and perhaps Stone can satisfy those roles. The potential is there, the depth not as much.

And i think they can get after the QB at times as well

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Griffin didn't engage his guy but shot the inside gap. He out quicked his blocker. Outstanding effort.

Jacketman99

Ramblin' Wreck
Definitely agree. Interior DL does not have near the depth that we seem to have at DE.

But, if I'm gonna be my foolish hopeful self, i do think TK and Jaquon and perhaps Stone can satisfy those roles. The potential is there, the depth not as much.

And i think they can get after the QB at times as well

I wouldn't say we do not have depth on the interior. We have TK, Brooks, Camp, Griffin, Lockhart, Stone, Douse, and Scott. We add Biggers in the summer. Carroll will probably end up inside as well. We have numbers. Just need better production from this group.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
I wouldn't say we do not have depth on the interior. We have TK, Brooks, Camp, Griffin, Lockhart, Stone, Douse, and Scott. We add Biggers in the summer. Carroll will probably end up inside as well. We have numbers. Just need better production from this group.
Let's change it to proved quality depth on the interior. Our interior D line got manhandled by a lot of our opponents last year. It was way to easy for opposing interior offensive linemen to engage our LBs last year. None of the DTs commanded double teams and they were often moves well off their marks rather quickly.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Let's change it to proved quality depth on the interior. Our interior D line got manhandled by a lot of our opponents last year. It was way to easy for opposing interior offensive linemen to engage our LBs last year. None of the DTs commanded double teams and they were often moves well off their marks rather quickly.

i don’t know about this here. A lot of big plays were due to fits from the back 7. I thought the DTs got the job done last yr. GT biggest issue on the DL is keep contain and actually finishing sacks

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
i don’t know about this here. A lot of big plays were due to fits from the back 7. I thought the DTs got the job done last yr. GT biggest issue on the DL is keep contain and actually finishing sacks
You probably know better than I do, however, watching on TV it seemed liked our DTs were mover out easily. This year will be interesting to see how the D line holds up.