Jahmyr Gibbs, Quez Jackson named to preseason All-ACC team

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
2018 #1 P5 rushing, 2017 #1 P5 rushing, 2016 #3 P5 rushing, 2015 #5 P5 rushing, 2014 #1 P5 rushing

Let me know when our passing game starts to suck that bad. I’ll lead the dance routine on the sidelines.
The good ol stat sheet days of padding our rushing numbers vs inferior opponents so we can puff our chest out that we’re the #1 rushing team in nation.

Maybe CPJ is a liar too since complained constantly in pressers about how ineffective the OL was or the narrative of us facing decent defenses stalemated our OL was untrue as well.

We schemed our way by outflanking defenses for those yards with RBs disguised as QBs. Last good GT OL was 2016

LibertyTurns

Banned
The good ol stat sheet days of padding our rushing numbers vs inferior opponents so we can puff our chest out that we’re the #1 rushing team in nation.

Maybe CPJ is a liar too since complained constantly in pressers about how ineffective the OL was or the narrative of us facing decent defenses stalemated our OL was untrue as well.

We schemed our way by outflanking defenses for those yards with RBs disguised as QBs. Last good GT OL was 2016
OK let’s take the bunny games and garbage drives away (data of Football Outsiders):

2018 #13 P5 offense
2017 #22 P5 offense
2016 #19 P5 offense
2015 #44 P5 offense
2014 #3 P5 offense

I know a lot of “fans” hated our previous offense but ineffective it was not. If we can ever get back to Top 25 offensive production, well there won‘t be much bitching on this board. Can’t wait. For now let’s hope we claw our way back to Top 55 In the P5 as I think the best we’ve done is 60th last year. Think about that for a moment while we’re dreaming about how lucky we are to be rid of the old scheme.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
OK let’s take the bunny games and garbage drives away (data of Football Outsiders):

2018 #13 P5 offense
2017 #22 P5 offense
2016 #19 P5 offense
2015 #44 P5 offense
2014 #3 P5 offense

I know a lot of “fans” hated our previous offense but ineffective it was not. If we can ever get back to Top 25 offensive production, well there won‘t be much bitching on this board. Can’t wait. For now let’s hope we claw our way back to Top 55 In the P5 as I think the best we’ve done is 60th last year. Think about that for a moment while we’re dreaming about how lucky we are to be rid of the old scheme.

Whaf argument are you having? Are you talking about scheme or the OL?

LibertyTurns

Banned
Whaf argument are you having? Are you talking about scheme or the OL?
Are you insinuating we used to have some sort of elite passing attack? I remember us running the ball a lot but maybe I was watching different games than you were or are you arguing that the RBs picked up all those yards & scored TDs despite the fact the OL completely sucked? If so, the OL is not real important like many of us think. Which one is it?

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Are you insinuating we used to have some sort of elite passing attack? I remember us running the ball a lot but maybe I was watching different games than you were or are you arguing that the RBs picked up all those yards & scored TDs despite the fact the OL completely sucked? If so, the OL is not real important like many of us think. Which one is it?
I would say that the "scheme" we ran under CPJ allowed us to perform well in the running game with a mediocre OL. When we had really good run blocking, we were unstoppable. When we had mediocre OL, we did well between the 20s but slowed down as the field shrunk. I agree with @Ibeeballin, 2016 was our last stellar OL.

BurdellJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I would say that the "scheme" we ran under CPJ allowed us to perform well in the running game with a mediocre OL. When we had really good run blocking, we were unstoppable. When we had mediocre OL, we did well between the 20s but slowed down as the field shrunk. I agree with @Ibeeballin, 2016 was our last stellar OL.
Don't understand how we could be number two in the nation, 315.5 yards per game in 2018 and not be blocking pretty good.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Ok I'm I missing something here is that not what a coach is supposed to do if the OL is not that good, find a way to move the ball ?
Obviously the point of the offense is not to score points, gain field position or control the ball. When we figure it out we’re going to be much smarter football fans.

Obviously the point of the offense is not to score points, gain field position or control the ball. When we figure it out we’re going to be much smarter football fans.
Funny thing about those QBs that can run. Seems last year our QB was just that....the leading rusher on the team.....

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
You started this by claiming our OL was so good. They were okay in CPJ’s offense but remember the whole “we need to get bigger” thing?