Jahmyr Gibbs Plays Football Well

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
Gonna be hard to knock off Myles Murphy unfortunately.
Gibbs stands out more imo. Looking at Myles' stats, they are solid but not like overwhelmingly good, and he's surrounded by 4 and 5 star talent that helps draw attention and make him look better. Gibbs doesn't have that level of support and has made almost everybody we've played look silly trying to stop him.

gville_jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Um, I think y'all are forgetting about Sims for Rookie of the Year. He is more likely to get it than Gibbs because he's played in every game.
This. Same point for Gibbs vs Murphy. Gibbs won’t get it because he’s missed too much time. Both Sims and Murphy are the undisputed starter and snap getter at their positions. Gibbs is the starter but can’t put up the massive stats needed for ROY because we have the depth to spell him. Better for the team but hurts the personal awards. Gibbs doesn’t strike me a man who cares about personal awards, team player.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Remember Brown before Calvin's record last year. Hopefully them and Sims all show out next year. I feel like we've been forcing the ball to Gibbs a bit more than we should at times.
I disagree. In fact, we feel like we should have been highlighting him more in the offense. I still feel like it was a huge mistake we made while Calvin was at Tech...just treating him like a normal skill player that is. When you have talent that is as good as those two in college you need to highlight it in a rather unbalanced way.