Jahmyr Gibbs IS WARMING UP ON THE FIELD IN TALLAHASSEE

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I have it on good authority - he did not travel with the team.

It's not about a young healthy person being infected (and it DOES affect young healthy people) it's about who they spread it too. You can't knowingly allow an infected person to expose others to this. I hope if he was already infectious he didn't spread it to the coaches or position group or we're ucked
durn

BuzzDraft

Jolly Good Fellow
This is all so stupid. These kids won’t have anything more than a sore throat, and they’re going to miss out on playing after working their tails off all off season.
I edited my post. It isn't about a young person being infected with a mild case (and they're learning more that young people ARE being adversely affected) , it's about who that young person will spread the disease to even if they don't show any symptoms. You can't allow an infected person access to people and risk spreading it to the community at large, where it has done significant damage. It surprises me that allegedly scientific people from Tech can't seem to understand this.

Now back on topic, Gibbs did not travel with the team so clearly he will not be playing. I haven't heard about any others.

Gt2019

Helluva Engineer
In my opinion if you come in contact with someone who tests positive and you test negative and show no symptoms or anything then I think you should be allowed to play, how long does a player have to sit out or quarantine if they come in contact with someone who tests positive?

Jacoooooob

Jolly Good Fellow
I edited my post. It isn't about a young person being infected with a mild case (and they're learning more that young people ARE being adversely affected) , it's about who that young person will spread the disease to even if they don't show any symptoms. You can't allow an infected person access to people and risk spreading it to the community at large, where it has done significant damage. It surprises me that allegedly scientific people from Tech can't seem to understand this.

Now back on topic, Gibbs did not travel with the team so clearly he will not be playing. I haven't heard about any others.
I think is speak for everyone when I say we should stop making so many assumptions about Gibbs if he didn’t travel. I’m not trying to be rude, but please just don’t post unless you have a legitimate source

MonroeJacket

GT Athlete
Heard that FSU may be missing some starters as well. Sucks about Gibbs but if there’s any position we can afford to lose someone it’s RB. Mason, Griffin, and Smith are all great backs
But what I don't understand is, if he didn't travel based off of "contact tracing", then shouldn't our entire RB room be compromised, or really the whole team for that matter?

TaxJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
But what I don't understand is, if he didn't travel based off of "contact tracing", then shouldn't our entire RB room be compromised, or really the whole team for that matter?
Idk if you watch the Braves but Markakis was exposed but never tested positive, he sat out for a week. I'm assuming that something similar is going on with Gibbs

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Guys, calm down. Whether you think it’s stupid or not (and I do) this is how this year is going to be. Every week random players will be absent from pretty much every team. Just come to grips with the situation and stop stressing about it. The world will eventially corrects itself, but this is a runaway freight train right now that can’t be slowed down immediately

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Exactly.. I dont understand the contact tracing... gibbs was with other RBs... he was around others on the team.... whole team should be out... what is contact? Within 6 Feet? How can they know that?

This seems like such a misguided tool. I'm really curious how this works and what they expect to gain from it.
GT has a campus filled with covid positive tests. Not all of them are quarantining either. I'm sure one of our players have passed by someone that has it. Everyone in America probably has, even within the past 3 days.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
It’s complete BS. If he tests negative who cares if he was in contact. He doesn’t have it if there are multiple negative tests.

Given our luck, I could see multiple key GT players out due to “contact tracing” and FSU magically has everyone playing.
They might be doing the block testing that has been recommended for surveillance in colleges. You take blocks of 100 tests and if nobody tests positive, you clear the block. If someone does, then you do contact testing for the whole block. That's hit or miss, but it sure saves resources.

Anybody know if this is what Tech is doing?

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
It's not. I'm not sure what the specific protocols are, but they include isolation in case of symptoms despite negative test and isolation for known positive significant contacts for long enough to ensure you are actually negative. Generally, it will take 4-7 days after exposure before the first NP RT-PCR test to become positive. The worst case scenario is putting someone with significant contact or symptoms but negative test on the field and having them test positive a few days later.
How long does it take after exposure before a person is spreading from their own infection? I would think if they tested negative last night and this morning, the likelihood they are actually positive and capable of transmitting the virus seems extraordinarily low.

How is it being handled? Are players being tested pregame at all?

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
We still don’t know if Gibbs is actually out lol.

It's thinking like this that tries to prevent the fun of spreading gossip, lies and innuendo! Why even have the internet then??? ;) It's the modern, greener version of the national Enquirer for both (I mean all) genders.

BuzzDraft

Jolly Good Fellow
Guys, calm down. Whether you think it’s stupid or not (and I do) this is how this year is going to be. Every week random players will be absent from pretty much every team. Just come to grips with the situation and stop stressing about it. The world will eventially corrects itself, but this is a runaway freight train right now that can’t be slowed down immediately
This is a very good attitude... thanks for the centering message.

Pregame radio hasn't mentioned Gibbs so far... but Joshua Nesbitt just had the last word on his interview signing off with "To HELL With georgia!"

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
Even if it were to be a positive/contact tracing inactive, we aren’t going to “officially” find out from the team. So don’t be complaining when you don’t get an explanation. A players absence met with no injury is probably covid related this year.