Jahmyr Gibbs 2021-22 stat predictions

Gibbs 2021-22 TD Total

• Total voters

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
Just wondering what the GT crowds overall predictions were for Gibbs on 2021-22 football season. Anyone know what his updated stats are as far as his weight or his 40 time? Also wondering how he is post injury. I am sort of surprised that he doesn’t have more of a leadership role up front with the team. Perhaps that just not his personality? I am also surprised (unless I have missed it) not to see his name on Coach Lew’s Lifters of the day reports. Wonder what his weight room gains have been since coming to GT? I am thankful to have him and hope he has a record setting and injury free season! I always thought of him as a very strong kid. Not at all bashing him just curious overall. He keeps a pretty low social media profile (rare these days especially with NIL) as well. Guess his actions/performance on the field does all his talking.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
He definitely seems like more of a quiet type of guy. I assume he is healthy only because we haven't heard otherwise. Doubt there is much they really want him to do as far as changing his body goes. I went with 10' ish TDs.

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
He had 7 total TD in 2020 in 6.5 games. Unless this is for rushing TD only these choices seem very low. I expect at least 1 return TD as well.

Lee

Ramblin' Wreck
He had 7 total TD in 2020 in 6.5 games. Unless this is for rushing TD only these choices seem very low. I expect at least 1 return TD as well.
I doubt he’s returning many kickoffs this year. Maybe in special spots, but can’t imagine Collins using him much here this year. He’s going to be the guy.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
I doubt he’s returning many kickoffs this year. Maybe in special spots, but can’t imagine Collins using him much here this year. He’s going to be the guy.
Disagree - he's the most explosive player we have, while simultaneously not being a huge dropoff at RB if he goes down. Kickoff return is an excellent opportunity for him to get us 6 points, the reward to risk ratio is high.

It will all depend on how the season goes. Yes that seems trite. He will be sharing carries with JP and Smith so I don't expect him to have 1000 yards. I expect somewhere between 800 and 1200 all-purpose. Again we get in a scenario where we need power running, JP will get the ball. And then you have to factor in Griffin, unless he is out of the rotation which will mean transfer portal bound.

Lee

Ramblin' Wreck
Disagree - he's the most explosive player we have, while simultaneously not being a huge dropoff at RB if he goes down. Kickoff return is an excellent opportunity for him to get us 6 points, the reward to risk ratio is high.
You may be right. I just disagree. Collins wants what’s best for you the team but also each player.

I see risk different than you too.

Gibbs has a high ceiling and potential to be a day 1 draft guy. It won’t be because of returning kicks.

I just see Collins using him how he will be used in the NFL. Having Gibbs play well and get drafted early helps GT much more than a kickoff return TD in what is likely to be a 4-7 win year.

We have some other explosive guys that can return kicks. Honestly, unless our blocking in that team has vastly improved I’d say fair catch it every time.

00Burdell

Helluva Engineer
You may be right. I just disagree. Collins wants what’s best for you the team but also each player.

Gibbs has a high ceiling and potential to be a day 1 draft guy. It won’t be because of returning kicks.

I just see Collins using him how he will be used in the NFL. Having Gibbs play well and get drafted early helps GT much more than a kickoff return TD in what is likely to be a 4-7 win year.

We have some other explosive guys that can return kicks. Honestly, unless our blocking in that team has vastly improved I’d say fair catch it every time.
Exactly. We are no longer a one-dimensional team.

Spalding Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Going with 10 myself. Mason and Griffin should get the ball in goal line situations to power through for extra yard(s). Teams will also key on Gibbs, so we will take advantage and use him as a decoy opening up opportunities for our other playmakers like we did with Calvin.

Oh my, so wins and losses do not matter. It is all about the NFL...of which we rarely send players. If Gibbs is the guy, get him the ball no matter what. NFL...who cares. And if that is what we are doing, then recruit players who want to win for Tech.

And if we do not play to win...there will be no CGC after this year.

Oh my, so wins and losses do not matter. It is all about the NFL...of which we rarely send players. If Gibbs is the guy, get him the ball no matter what. NFL...who cares. And if that is what we are doing, then recruit players who want to win for Tech.

And if we do not play to win...there will be no CGC after this year.

This. If CGC wins 3 or 4 games, he may very well get another year, but he will be on borrowed time. That said, this is all just hypothetical because I absolutely expect us to go bowling this year.

This. If CGC wins 3 or 4 games, he may very well get another year, but he will be on borrowed time. That said, this is all just hypothetical because I absolutely expect us to go bowling this year.
So I am not real keen on our offense but we may get some plays from Sims and Gibbs. I think our defense may be pretty good, as long as we aren't on the field for 18 possessions. If we take care of business in our first 2. We will then lose the next 2. But Duke, BC, VT, and Pitt can be wins if we run the ball. That gets us 6. The rest I just don't think we can win.

sort of sad considering it wasn't that many years ago we were figuring on winning the coastal most years.

So I am not real keen on our offense but we may get some plays from Sims and Gibbs. I think our defense may be pretty good, as long as we aren't on the field for 18 possessions. If we take care of business in our first 2. We will then lose the next 2. But Duke, BC, VT, and Pitt can be wins if we run the ball. That gets us 6. The rest I just don't think we can win.

sort of sad considering it wasn't that many years ago we were figuring on winning the coastal most years.

I think we've taken a few steps back on offense and really haven't progressed at all on defense since the change in regimes, but if we can win 6+ this season and stay on that trajectory, I could see us building something from here.