Jahaziel Lee in the Transfer Portal ??

Techster

Helluva Engineer
The young man was one of the leaders during the CGC transition. That may not mean much to some, but new coaches need current players to buy in...and Lee was one of the guys that helped the new staff with buy in from the team during coaching transition.

I wish JL well wherever life takes him. With the attitude he's shown, and his willingness to sacrifice himself to do what the team needs, and being a GT graduate of course, I have zero doubts he'll be successful in whatever he pursues.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
The young man was one of the leaders during the CGC transition. That may not mean much to some, but new coaches need current players to buy in...and Lee was one of the guys that helped the new staff with buy in from the team during coaching transition.

I wish JL well wherever life takes him. With the attitude he's shown, and his willingness to sacrifice himself to do what the team needs, and being a GT graduate of course, I have zero doubts he'll be successful in whatever he pursues.

Very well stated.

This kid battled injuries, switched positions, and appeared to be a good program guy throughout. Absolutely wish him well wherever he ends up.

305jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
WOW, pretty surprising news. And to those saying it frees up a scholarship next year, I don't believe it does. Lee wouldn't have counted against the limit next season as he would be a (5/6th year senior?) already, and I believe those will be exempt next year as part of the rule change. So in a way it was a use it or lose it type.

Shame to see him go, but he's definitely contributed tons over the years for the Jackets. Wish he had waited a couple more weeks!

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I'll miss watching Lee play. He was a great fit for the spread option, though by all reports he was surprised to be moved to OL. I think if he hadn't been injured, he'd probably have been starting on DL for the second year. But there it is.

I hope he gets the grad program he wants and that he gets chance to play when he does. And that we recruit as good a player with the extra scholarship.

Update: I think 305 is right. No new scholarship for you!

Techster

Helluva Engineer
WOW, pretty surprising news. And to those saying it frees up a scholarship next year, I don't believe it does. Lee wouldn't have counted against the limit next season as he would be a (5/6th year senior?) already, and I believe those will be exempt next year as part of the rule change. So in a way it was a use it or lose it type.

Shame to see him go, but he's definitely contributed tons over the years for the Jackets. Wish he had waited a couple more weeks!

The other thing that's not said is Lee will have been here for while. Sometimes people are just ready to move on to something new after a while. Nothing wrong with it...especially since Lee has been nothing but class during his time here. He'll have his GT degree.

If he's ready for another chapter in life, and he can do it on scholarship with someone else paying for it, you gotta be happy for him for making that decision.