Jackson State

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
Don’t know much about them other than they are 10-6 against competition that I know very little about and have very little desire to find out about. So let’s just go out and take care of business and hope we don’t lose too much ground in the way to wary RPI race in the process, lol.

Does anyone know the status of Jake DeLeo? He’s been out a while and he is a nice piece we could use to spell Reid as well as use situationally.

Also, anyone know the status of Chandler Simpson. While the freshman was sensational in extras Sunday night (drag bunt was THE play of the game for me), we all want Chandler back. To me, he has been the most important piece of our offense in setting the table and keeping pressure on the defense.

bensaysitathome

Ramblin' Wreck
Looks like Bartnicki with the start, and no Simpson today.

I'm not surprised, as I wouldn't push him to return for a midweek game if he's not 100%, but I know we've all been wondering about his status.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
Tomorrow GT Beesball can match the season win totals of GT Football & Basketball. 3/16, is that a record?

slugboy

Staff member
I'm assuming there is no steadfast mercy rule and that the coaches establish it before the game?
@FredJacket I did a little looking, and saw the gist of
  • It’s up to the conference?? Or mutual consent of the coaches
  • It’s frowned on for regular season games (i don’t understand what this is supposed to mean. Maybe conference games?)
  • It only kicks in after 7 innings
  • If it’s a makeup or doubleheader game, the game could be just 7 innings and the run rule is allowed after 5 innings