Article Jackets Preview: A-Back

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
In my mind there is little question that Bostic is more physically gifted than Godhigh. If Bostic plays with the same intensity and desire as Godhigh he will be a star.

BainbridgeJacket

Helluva Engineer
Days/Gohigh/Bostic will split reps pretty evenly with Hill/Zenon/Andrews being the second tier. I think Andrews will work his way into more carries as the season goes and Perkins will hopefully find some time in the shotgun/pistol set.

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
We have so many AB's with very little separation.

Godhigh, Days, and Hill in that order are your best consistent blockers hands down, word, end of story... Except I have not seen Perkins block yet.

Bostic, Godhigh, Zenon, Hill, and Days are great receivers. Days is in there from all the receptions in the spring game, although he had one not counted fumble.

Best runner is Godhigh followed by the rest. I think I would rank them as Days, tie for Hill, Bostic and Zenon. The main difference missing is that the second group pauses when they encounter the first defensive player in the backfield. Owrin made his breaks by constant movement slipping by the first defender. Godhigh runs for the seam. Days did show improvement in this area in the spring game and is willing to run people over.

Andrews has a great running style that the current group does not. He fights defensive players with his free hand while pushing off in a different direction. He is fast and has vision for cutting against the grain at the right time. I don't have much video of his blocking to make a good call here.

I see no game changers in the group, but I do see good solid excellent producers that can wins games for GT!

We will clean out most of this group for the 2015 season except Andrews.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I said what I said. Bostic is, in my opinion, the more athletic, exciting player. I think Godhigh has hit his ceiling.

Cool. I like Bostic too. I misunderstood your language, "most explosive pass catcher and big play threat out of the backfield" was all.

gtdrew

Banned
Yeah. I readily acknowledge Godhigh was the more consistent of the two last season. Bostic just has explosiveness that he doesn't. That's all I meant. Godhigh's the guy you go to for first downs. Bostic's the one you go to when somebody's gotta run past everyone.

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member