Jackets for Atlanthropy Matching Donation & Roll Call

gtchem05

Jolly Good Fellow
Hey Swarmers!

At the request of a well-liked poster on this board and to continue to promote an initiative that funds GT athletes through NIL and serves Atlanta charities with the help of a staff composed entirely of volunteer GT grads, I'm asking for you to support Jackets for Atlanthropy (J4A) with a tax-deductible gift. Many of you have already done so, which is very much appreciated by the J4A board, participating GT athletes, and multiple Atlanta charities!

A generous GT alum and philanthropist has offered a matching donation which means that any donations from now through 7/28 will essentially count as double until we reach our goal of $7700 for our soup kitchen event with St. Francis Table scheduled on 8/6. We are over one-third of the way there with $1361 raised since this was first announced last Wednesday which after the match is $2722. We have 2 players each from the men's and women's basketball teams lined up to participate in this event, and I can't wait until we complete raising the funds so I can announce these awesome student-athletes and so that they can start promoting the event for other volunteers to join.

For more on J4A, you can see a recent article in the AJC (which I think is paywalled) or this story from On3.

If you have any questions about J4A or our upcoming events, please post here because if you have a question, chances are someone else is wondering something similar too. Also, feel free to DM me or submit a question through the J4A website. Let's take advantage of this match and get these athletes funded so they can get to work supporting St. Francis Table and earning NIL dollars while they do!

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Hopefully more people will get behind this idea as this it is a wonderful program. I've contributed to the Soup Kitchen and will contribute to others this year.

The thing that I like most about this organization - aside from the fact that it focuses on philanthropy - is that it is getting our athletes out into the community.

Helping people and making future Yellow Jackets fans at the same, and the Student Athletes will have their lives impacted in a positive manner as well.

Win-Win-Win!!

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Hopefully more people will get behind this idea as this it is a wonderful program. I've contributed to the Soup Kitchen and will contribute to others this year.

The thing that I like most about this organization - aside from the fact that it focuses on philanthropy - is that it is getting our athletes out into the community.

Helping people and making future Yellow Jackets fans at the same, and the Student Athletes will have their lives impacted in a positive manner as well.

Win-Win-Win!!

Cool initiative. And good for you for participating.

Me? Well, the first step for me is learning how to pronounce 'Atlanthropy'. My brain sees it and can't not say Anthropology.

:unsure:

gtchem05

Jolly Good Fellow
Cool initiative. And good for you for participating.

Me? Well, the first step for me is learning how to pronounce 'Atlanthropy'. My brain sees it and can't not say Anthropology.

:unsure:
Haha! The website actually has a pronunciation guide, but basically it’s like Philanthropy except it starts with ‘At’ instead of ‘Phi’…or you can just call it J4A.

gtchem05

Jolly Good Fellow
Mission accomplished! With some additional donations, one of which was particularly exuberant, we have met the goal for the match. And now for the announcement you all may or may not have been waiting for but are still hopefully excited about nonetheless...

Appreciate all your generosity!