Jabari's Instagram post?

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Sorry if this is a repeat, but I didn't see anything about it anywhere else. Just catching up on Instagram and saw JHD; now JH posted something a week ago with a picture of his listing as a potential freshman all American with a caption about what tech can't take away from him?

Did I miss something here?

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
JH INSTAGRAM 1.jpg

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
^ clearly on Andrews it's the staff's fault that he elected to repeatedly smoke. You only get so many chances. Too many of this generation that always wants to blame it on someone else.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I dunno, but he played as a freshman, right? And he is -- I think, based on his kind of churlish "can't take away" thingamabob, boasting that he was a "potential freshman" AA? But wasn't? That is kind of messed up thinking. Then he messed up his grades and as I remember failed to unmess them one semester, then played tackle at 295 or so for that awful 2015 team when Gotsis was a one man defensive line. There are all kinds of unmet potentials everywhere, so what is the boast? He was a mystery for sure, and nobody will ever understand Mason proclaiming him the best D lineman he had to play against -- in practice his ineligible year -- and the non-factor that took the playing field a year later. Too bad.

HamsBiggestFan

Georgia Tech Fan
Played through most of the Groh era, behind average (at best) d-lines, and struggled in the classroom after coming to us as 4 star. Personally, I thought we had a future All-American after his unwavering commitment and his performance during his RS-Fr season. He is still young and harbors ill-will but will look back and regret losing such a great opportunity.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
These kinds of things never leave me wanting to cast blame or find fault. I am just curious to figure out what makes a guy tick and try to understand his reality.

Beyond that, I feel sad for him and wish it had all turned out differently. What I hope is that he will learn to close the door on things that are past, get over things that can no longer be helped, and figure out new ways to have success in his life. He certainly needs to let go of any bitterness because that stuff will really slow you down in life.

96Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I am just curious to figure out what makes a guy tick and try to understand his reality.
Some people find motivation in thinking the world is against them or they've been unfairly treated or considered somehow - whether it's actually true or not to an objective observer is irrelevant.

I imagine that's what's going on here to some degree.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I wish him well. In order of importance, growing up and becoming accountable for own actions, get right with his family, and perform well / make a team or practice squad. The latter may not be feasible without taking care of the former first.