Jabari makes transition to DT

Animal02

Banned
I agree that it is hard to believe. He was so monstrous two years ago when he was 245 or so. I guess I'll see it when I watch the spring game...if I can watch the spring game from the other side of the planet.

I don't see 245 (or 295) as monstrous......but than I am 6'6' 270.....it seems they are so much bigger than me, so the stats make them see smaller ;)

TJacks19

Georgia Tech Fan
I don't see 245 (or 295) as monstrous......but than I am 6'6' 270.....it seems they are so much bigger than me, so the stats make them see smaller ;)

What's your eligibility situation look like? Could use that on the line this spring.

Animal02

Banned
What's your eligibility situation look like? Could use that on the line this spring.
LOL......it is long gone......and unfortunately, I was not at that weight when I was eligible......not to mention the athletic ability that these kids have today.
. (The only schools that wanted me was USMA, Ivy League, and D2 way up north)
I was not the military type, was not going to pay 10k (at the time) to play, nor was I going to play anywhere that had 100" of snow on the ground in the winter ;)

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I saw coach pelton at the gym and he told me he was around 275 this was a little over a month ago though. Are weights not really accurate on the tech website? I am wondering what whitehead is at now if you know that would be great?

Saw a pic of Jabari someone posted about a week ago. Did not look 295...but pictures can be deceiving. Definitely does not look like the LB we brought him in at.

gtalltheway

Jolly Good Fellow
Saw a pic of Jabari someone posted about a week ago. Did not look 295...but pictures can be deceiving. Definitely does not look like the LB we brought him in at.
He's got a big frame but 295 seems to be a stretch to me and be that fast, I don't know if it would be good to carry the 295 if he is at 275 but if he's at 295 now more power to him, I personaly just don't see it

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Keep in mind folks that muscle weighs a lot more than fat, so his apparently "rock solid" 295 should look a lot smaller than a chunky 300 pounder. The problem is you just don't normally see guys that big who aren't at least a little fat, so there isn't much basis for comparison. I like the Mario Edwards comparison someone made earlier...I can definitely see that. I wouldn't be surprised if he's next year's "combine warrior" who ends up as a popular pre-draft favorite.

gtalltheway

Jolly Good Fellow
Keep in mind folks that muscle weighs a lot more than fat, so his apparently "rock solid" 295 should look a lot smaller than a chunky 300 pounder. The problem is you just don't normally see guys that big who aren't at least a little fat, so there isn't much basis for comparison. I like the Mario Edwards comparison someone made earlier...I can definitely see that. I wouldn't be surprised if he's next year's "combine warrior" who ends up as a popular pre-draft favorite.
I understand that 100% but if what pelton said is true and he is 275 then I don't see 395 being a weight he could be at without putting fat on as well I don't think his body could hold another 20 pounds of muscle but he might be 295 so I'm not sure just my opinion

gtalltheway

Jolly Good Fellow
Believe it he is huge!!!
I'm not saying I don't believe he's 295 I'm saying that if he's 275 like coach pelton told me then I would find it to be hard for him to put on 20 more pounds of muscle and not fat, I know he's huge I'm just going based off what I was told, I'm not denying the fact he might weight 295, I just wouldn't be surprised if he's actually 275 which no matter what he looks like pure muscle so no matter what his weight is hes a beast!

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
During this time of the year it is probably best to get weights from either the player or S&C coach since they are getting weighted every other day.

BBK

Jolly Good Fellow
I understand that 100% but if what pelton said is true and he is 275 then I don't see 395 being a weight he could be at without putting fat on as well I don't think his body could hold another 20 pounds of muscle but he might be 295 so I'm not sure just my opinion
395:vomit::)