Jabari Hunt Days at a new spot

Techster

Helluva Engineer
That Mike Banning character is hilarious lol. Do really believes the booboo he spews?!?! (Sorry to derail)

Hasn't that guy been outed as the infamous wrecks that stalked Vad Lee? What a sad, sad life if you're constantly waiting around the computer trolling the next AJC GT article and stalking SAs.

CornerBlitz

Jolly Good Fellow
I didn't like this move at first either, but am slowly warming up to it. JHD certainly has the measurables, but seems to struggle with the reads at LB. Hopefully this move will play to his strengths and maximize his physical gifts.

At a minimum, I love the fact that the Coach Roof is trying to get the best athletes on the field. If it doesn't work, so be it.

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
There is more information in Ken S's column this morning. It seems that a five defensive back set is going to be our base set much of the time. JHD would not be on the field at linebacker much anyway, so why not try this?

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
You know what it screams to me? It screams we need to get this guy on the field and it's not happening at MLB because we run nickle most of the time.
Perhaps you are right. There is little risk in doing so this spring. Offenses are changing and our defense needs to change with it. My initial reaction to the move, given the film I have watched over his two years, is luke warm. I am not sure he is a fit, but what the heck. Let's give it a try. I like him at LB, but there is little doubt that he is not a fit for the nickel either.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
You know what it screams to me? It screams we need to get this guy on the field and it's not happening at MLB because we run nickle most of the time.

Yes, he needs to be on the field and the DE position is where he could fit best because we have no better option, at this time.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Winkeljohn article with quotes from JHD and Roof
http://www.ramblinwreck.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/032814aab.html

"I talked to Jeremiah today. Jeremiah is like a big brother to me," Hunt-Days said. "We talk daily, for the most part. He's been helping me, giving me tips. The few that he's given me so far have helped.

"Speed and violence, that's what he says. Stay low, use your hands and don't let the [offensive] tackle get into my body first. Go get the quarterback."