Ja

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
This is how I feel. There is a connection to a player on another team, so I'm interested in how they do. I don't really care if he does well or fails, just find it interesting to see how he does.
I would point out that based on being a student at GT for 2 years, Gibbs is an alumnus. Not required to graduate to be an alum.
I watch him when I watch Bama play only because of his connection to GT. I am thankful he did not transfer to UGA. He is fun to watch.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I would point out that based on being a student at GT for 2 years, Gibbs is an alumnus. Not required to graduate to be an alum.
I watch him when I watch Bama play only because of his connection to GT. I am thankful he did not transfer to UGA. He is fun to watch.
I save my rooting interest for him if he identifies as GT once he is in the Pros. If he claims UA and not GT, then I'll have no interest in him. Meanwhile, I watch to see how he does at Alabama.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I save my rooting interest for him if he identifies as GT once he is in the Pros. If he claims UA and not GT, then I'll have no interest in him. Meanwhile, I watch to see how he does at Alabama.
I didn't say I root for him or Bama. He is fun to watch given his ability and there is a connection to GT. Wish things had been different and he would have stayed but he didn't. Unless he has a major injury he will be in the NFL. That's what he went to college for in the first place. A degree or major is probably not very high on his priority list. He must have the desire to want to compete at the highest level and we couldn't offer him that with GC. We could offer him a great education but not the ability to compete that he must have desired.

slugboy

Staff member
Interesting that he's behind Bryce Young on his own team for the Heisman, and both of them have fallen off.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I'm somewhat guilty - I knew he was an exceptional talent and told a dawg fan "he was the real deal" but must admit had some doubts about his ability to run inside. I was wrong and I think somewhat mad about him leaving (didn't blame him at all just mad we lost him). He did drop a pass late today that likely would have won the game if he had caught it. I still worry about his size in the pro's. I hope he has a great career.
I like Gibbs too, but running inside at Bama isn't exactly a test for any RB. Ask Trent Richardson about that. As he was for us, Gibbs is an explosive play RB and the best receiver among their RBs. But a Mason inside he was and is not.

I hope he lands on a team in the pros with a decent OL. If he does, he'll be dynamite.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
I like Gibbs too, but running inside at Bama isn't exactly a test for any RB. Ask Trent Richardson about that. As he was for us, Gibbs is an explosive play RB and the best receiver among their RBs. But a Mason inside he was and is not.

I hope he lands on a team in the pros with a decent OL. If he does, he'll be dynamite.

Would be great if he fell to the Falcons actually. He'd be a logical replacement for Patterson

SandySpringsJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I do not understand how any Tech fan can fault Gibbs for transferring He was getting mauled as soon as he got the handoff behind our line the past two years. It is fortunate he did not receive a career ending injury with the beating that he took. I am thanksful that he signed with Tech and gave us two years. At least now the nation gets to see how talented he is. Go Tech!

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
Would be great if he fell to the Falcons actually. He'd be a logical replacement for Patterson
He’s not what the Falcons want. Falcons want big and physical like Henry. Patterson has that but also has his receiving background which makes him multi-faceted for them.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
He is pretty small for the Pro game. I know there are exceptional small guys who have great Pro careers like Warrick Dunn but they are the exception and not the rule. In fact, if you research it the shelf life of a Pro running back is about 3 years regardless of size. He just has to hope to stay healthy and be smart with his whatever money he accumulates. I'm sure Alabama is already paying him well.

I see him more effectively as a slot receiver in the NF.

tomknight

Ramblin' Wreck
I do not understand how any Tech fan can fault Gibbs for transferring He was getting mauled as soon as he got the handoff behind our line the past two years. It is fortunate he did not receive a career ending injury with the beating that he took. I am thanksful that he signed with Tech and gave us two years. At least now the nation gets to see how talented he is. Go Tech!

I don't understand the obsession around here with former players that are now elsewhere, and the need to post about them here. At best, maybe the Lounge.

They are no longer GT football.