J. J. Green Post Game

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
I think most of you have seen this article about J. J. Green.

http://www.ramblinwreck.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/092117aaa.html

After the game my wife and I stayed in our seats at the north 20 yard line lower West until the band and the players finished their tradition. I stay for every play and then leave but Saturday I told my wife I wanted to stay and watch the players and the band. Right after the band started "Ramblin Wreck" I happened to notice a GT player sprinting about as fast as he could towards the North End Zone from what was left of the post-game hand shaking at mid-field . It was J. J. and he was bound for the top of the wall in front of the students. The song was almost over once he got safely seated on top. But once J. J. got there it didn't take him long to get fully into the Ramblin Wreck and pumping his fist all the way in beat and with particular emphasis with the words "Helluva Engineer". You could tell he is fully into GT and so proud to be a part of what we all find so special about the Institute. Thought you all might like to know what I witnessed in that short span of time that I was fortunate to notice.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I think most of you have seen this article about J. J. Green.

http://www.ramblinwreck.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/092117aaa.html

After the game my wife and I stayed in our seats at the north 20 yard line lower West until the band and the players finished their tradition. I stay for every play and then leave but Saturday I told my wife I wanted to stay and watch the players and the band. Right after the band started "Ramblin Wreck" I happened to notice a GT player sprinting about as fast as he could towards the North End Zone from what was left of the post-game hand shaking at mid-field . It was J. J. and he was bound for the top of the wall in front of the students. The song was almost over once he got safely seated on top. But once J. J. got there it didn't take him long to get fully into the Ramblin Wreck and pumping his fist all the way in beat and with particular emphasis with the words "Helluva Engineer". You could tell he is fully into GT and so proud to be a part of what we all find so special about the Institute. Thought you all might like to know what I witnessed in that short span of time that I was fortunate to notice.

When I read that story last month, I got the impression that he transferred because georgie was not renewing his scholarship. In other words, he got cut. However, I saw that he did greet Richt warmly after the Miami game so there is apparently no hard feeling. If anyone could clear this up, I would love to better understand.

In all the stories about transfers, especially in basketball, it isn't often discussed that guys may be transferring as plan b.

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
Yeah. I noticed the absence of the ball in his hands this game. I wonder if Wake keyed on him for pitch reads, but he could have gotten rocket tosses or been involved in counters.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
When I read that story last month, I got the impression that he transferred because georgie was not renewing his scholarship. In other words, he got cut. However, I saw that he did greet Richt warmly after the Miami game so there is apparently no hard feeling. If anyone could clear this up, I would love to better understand.

In all the stories about transfers, especially in basketball, it isn't often discussed that guys may be transferring as plan b.

I thought it was because of the move to defensive back. Maybe he looked at our offense and went hmm... Aback is better than being at a position I am not suited for.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
My understanding was that we wanted to switch from defense to offense and Richt said no, so he transferred. I remember reading he missed having the ball in his hands.

I could always be mis-remembering. I do that often, just as my wife.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
My understanding was that we wanted to switch from defense to offense and Richt said no, so he transferred. I remember reading he missed having the ball in his hands.

I could always be mis-remembering. I do that often, just as my wife.

Wait, you're saying you're forgetful just as your wife is? Bold move, forensic.