I've got to give credit after seeing the tape

alagold

Helluva Engineer
Small things sometimes make HUGE differences-like these
1. at end of game -Fr Braun was smart enough to react with his arm out to the DL jumping offside--this meant we could have 3 running plays for a only 5yd 1st down to run out time
2. you know who ran down Wilson and caused fumble, Gray --but who recovered it?
Durham I believe--critical,even if it had gone out of bounds dook would still had it
3. Rodwell punted very well and we covered them (oh,no now we may miss him next yr)

stech81

Helluva Engineer
1. at end of game -Fr Braun was smart enough to react with his arm out to the DL jumping offside--this meant we could have 3 running plays for a only 5yd 1st down to run out time
Durham I believe--critical,even if it had gone out of bounds dook would still had it
3. Rodwell punted very well and we covered them (oh,no now we may miss him next yr)
I'm kind of hoping we don't need a punter next year.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
A lot of little things in the Duke and GSU games. With a couple of key plays, we could have put both away at half time. And that's what drives me crazy about this team. We could be so much better than we are. On the other hand, we could have been beaten with a couple of bad breaks.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
Hey guys don't worry about the punter we have the #1 rated punter in the nation coming in next year.
I knew that but "suppose to have" is the operative phrase here

btw--uga said we have no worries since we have 5star QB coming in next yr in 12/15 , hmmm

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
Rodwell was crap the first few games so I don't think we are exactly losing the world's greatest punter. I think Pressley will be superior to him in the long run.

Eli

Helluva Engineer

Durham was also running stride for stride with the receiver on that play for 60 yards not looking back one time. Kid had no idea it was even a run play.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Durham was also running stride for stride with the receiver on that play for 60 yards not looking back one time. Kid had no idea it was even a run play.

This how mentally broken our defensive guys have become. Our guys are so assignment focus that there football instincts, IQ, and playmaking ability has been majorly reduced. To Step credit, he was in man coverage and his WR never looked back so technically he shouldn't have looked. This happen so much to us especially in our blitz game. Guys are like, oh well I blitzed the A gap, there is nothing else for me to do instead blitz, if I'm picked up put a move on the blocker to disrupt the play. It's really frustrating to watch

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
This how mentally broken our defensive guys have become. Our guys are so assignment focus that there football instincts, IQ, and playmaking ability has been majorly reduced. To Step credit, he was in man coverage and his WR never looked back so technically he shouldn't have looked. This happen so much to us especially in our blitz game. Guys are like, oh well I blitzed the A gap, there is nothing else for me to do instead blitz, if I'm picked up put a move on the blocker to disrupt the play. It's really frustrating to watch

Communication issues: I would hope that the back seven who know would be yelling pass or run as soon as it is diagnosed so that our man coverage people get some help. Step look plum foolish chasing the receiver with the ball carrier chasing him. He did to his credit make an outstanding recovery once he saw the play.

Better communication on the fly would also help on the reverses, misdirection runs, throw back passes, screens, and the vast number of gimmick plays that seem to always work on us in crucial situations.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

I was yelling the whole time, "Why's he still covering!!!! Turn around!!!". Then i was happy at how the play turned out. Ultimate 'no, no, nooo, yes!' moment.

Your words w.r.t. the paralysis by analysis are salient. I'm tired of hearing CPJ saying he wants the defense to simplify things. Seems to be a response to what you're describing.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Communication issues: I would hope that the back seven who know would be yelling pass or run as soon as it is diagnosed so that our man coverage people get some help. Step look plum foolish chasing the receiver with the ball carrier chasing him. He did to his credit make an outstanding recovery once he saw the play.

Better communication on the fly would also help on the reverses, misdirection runs, throw back passes, screens, and the vast number of gimmick plays that seem to always work on us in crucial situations.
You watch a good defense and you can hear them calling screen even on TV. Not so much with us.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer

Agree. A really outstanding defense coach once told me that the best way to build a defense was to select natural D players (ones who can anticipate plays, find the ball, and get off blocks), give them some general responsibility guidelines, and turn them loose. Too many rules, dos and don'ts, kills good D playmakers. "You can't let the thinking slow down the playing".

PBR549

Ramblin' Wreck
The offensive and defensive players are average except for the quarterback. He's the only playmaker we have. Scheme has nothing to do with it. It's the normal cycle of Tech football. In fact we've been a little better than average with Johnson and Roof. The cycle of players are on the upswing but not at the pinnacle obviously. Roof is the reason for the upswing in recruiting. Leave them alone. we're not solving anything by bad mouthing the coaching.