Ivan Jasper O/C Navy Fired

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
Highly thought of, I believe he decided to stay at Navy with Ken N and be OC instead of come to tech as a position coach. I wonder if Monken or Bohannan will have a spot for him

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
Apparently so, considering they re-hired him the same day.
From what I hear, there is a lot of this kinda thing building up behind the scenes.

For example, I hear GTSwarm is going to fire their Get-Bak! Coach, and re-hire him in a limited role, as the assistant to their “Official Swarm Writer Guy”.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Apparently so, considering they re-hired him the same day.
That truly is bizzare. Turns out the AD fired Jasper and Niumatalolo knew nothing about it until it was a done deal, and talked the AD into hiring him back as QB coach only. I think Navy is gonna be hunting a head ball coach after the season.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
That truly is bizzare. Turns out the AD fired Jasper and Niumatalolo knew nothing about it until it was a done deal, and talked the AD into hiring him back as QB coach only. I think Navy is gonna be hunting a head ball coach after the season.

Oof, not good when you go over your head coach to make personnel decisions. Good on Jasper to swallow some pride to see the season through for his players.

Coach Ken, if he's not let go, is probably gone on his own accord after the season. Chet Gladchuk is actually a very good AD, and the guy that started the Paul Johnson lineage tree at Navy and on this level. Can't imagine what he was thinking to go over Coach Ken's head.

Last edited:

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Oof, not good when you go over your head coach to make personnel decisions. Good on Jasper to swallow some pride to see the season through for his players.

Coach Ken, if he's not let go, is probably gone on his own accord after the season. Chet Gladchuk is actually a very good AD, and the guy that started the Paul Johnson lineage tree at Navy and on this level. Can't imagine what he was thinking to go over Coach Ken's head.
I gather that Jasper was the option guru and creator of all sorts of innovations within the spread. Surprised Navy kept him that long.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
From what I hear, there is a lot of this kinda thing building up behind the scenes.

For example, I hear GTSwarm is going to fire their Get-Bak! Coach, and re-hire him in a limited role, as the assistant to their “Official Swarm Writer Guy”.

Haha. The real issue here is ... where's that article you owe us?

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff

when people above you, start making personnel decisions for you, they are either 1000% incompetent or it's a sign that you are next and they hope you leave before they have to fire you. Not sure which is the case up there.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Clay Helton fired, too:

If they knew he was one bad performance away from being fired, why in the actual F did they not just pull the 'chute after last season?

Basically wasted a year of their players eligibility 'cause they didn't know to sh*t while they were on the pot.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
If they knew he was one bad performance away from being fired, why in the actual F did they not just pull the 'chute after last season?

Basically wasted a year of their players eligibility 'cause they didn't know to sh*t while they were on the pot.

Also a year of wasted development for the next coach and the program. Sometimes the decision makers are the ones that need to be let go.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
when people above you, start making personnel decisions for you, they are either 1000% incompetent or it's a sign that you are next and they hope you leave before they have to fire you. Not sure which is the case up there.
Coach N is gone after the season, and to a very good job I'd bet.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Coach N is gone after the season, and to a very good job I'd bet.

Unfortunately, I think he missed his window. His stock is down quite a bit lately, and also he's got the "triple option" coach thing weighing him down. It's not looking good this season either with such young QBs...so that could hurt him further in the market.

REALLY good dude and good coach. I just think his time is up at Navy. Chet Gladchuk was spoiled with CPJ and Coach Ken continuing the success. It's REALLY hard to win at Navy, and watching Army have a lot of success under Monken is probably weighing heavy on Gladchuk and the Navy decision makers. Coach Ken is a victim of his own success. It would not surprise me to see him give up coaching and start missionary work...something he's on record saying he wants to do eventually.

I'll say this: if Navy acts irrationally at the end of the season, they are going to be in a LOT hurt in the coming years. If GT thought the transition out of the flex option was painful, try recruiting and winning at Navy with a flex option roster waiting for the next coach.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I'll say this: if Navy acts irrationally at the end of the season, they are going to be in a LOT hurt in the coming years. If GT thought the transition out of the flex option was painful, try recruiting and winning at Navy with a flex option roster waiting for the next coach.

I cannot imagine the academies ever going away from that system. It is a perfect fit for them and what they are trying to be and do in the game.