Its time to avenge the 2009 team.

bennyjacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I was going to post this after next weekend but I am leaving the country for 3 weeks and probably wont get a chance to do it after today.

In 2009 Georgia Tech was ranked #7 with a record of 10-1 going into the ugag game. We had a 2nd year coach in Paul Johnson and we were talking about a shot at the championship game. We also just played Duke in the previous week and won. They played Kentucky and lost. We were supposed to blow them out of the water, for the first time in ages we had more talent than they did. Instead we lost. Epic meltdowns ensued.

Fast forward to present day. We are going into Duke week again, and they are about to play Kentucky. They are ranked #7 with a potential record of 10-1 and talking about a MNC game. They have a 2nd year coach in Kirby Smart. They have more talent across the board than we do. They are expecting to blow us out.

Gentleman, its time to return the favor. We pull off the victory in Atlanta, get drunk, make some babies, and then laugh at the meltdown on their forums the next day.

That is all. Im gonna go finish my whisky now, I have a flight to catch tomorrow. THWg!

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
I was going to post this after next weekend but I am leaving the country for 3 weeks and probably wont get a chance to do it after today.

In 2009 Georgia Tech was ranked #7 with a record of 10-1 going into the ugag game. We had a 2nd year coach in Paul Johnson and we were talking about a shot at the championship game. We also just played Duke in the previous week and won. They played Kentucky and lost. We were supposed to blow them out of the water, for the first time in ages we had more talent than they did. Instead we lost. Epic meltdowns ensued.

Fast forward to present day. We are going into Duke week again, and they are about to play Kentucky. They are ranked #7 with a potential record of 10-1 and talking about a MNC game. They have a 2nd year coach in Kirby Smart. They have more talent across the board than we do. They are expecting to blow us out.

Gentleman, its time to return the favor. We pull off the victory in Atlanta, get drunk, make some babies, and then laugh at the meltdown on their forums the next day.

That is all. Im gonna go finish my whisky now, I have a flight to catch tomorrow. THWg!
Also avenge the 1966 Georgia Tech team that was 9-0 and ranked #5 and lost 23-14 to 8-1 #7 UGAG and also the 1942 Georgia Tech team that was 9-0 and ranked #2 and lost 34-0 to 9-1 #5 UGAG

Last edited:

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
The thing I remember most about 09 was a depleted Dline completely unable to stop their run game. Frustrating loss. Can't blame the loss on one dropped pass but yes....no way in hell uga stops us from scoring if that play was a completion.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
The thing I remember most about 09 was a depleted Dline completely unable to stop their run game. Frustrating loss. Can't blame the loss on one dropped pass but yes....no way in hell uga stops us from scoring if that play was a completion.

Maybe throwing the ball on 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and finally 4th down was ill advised? For all the talk about how we are a run first team, I still find that as one of the most odd series of plays CPJ has ever called.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Back to the spirit of the thread...yeah, it's time for some payback. It's totally doable too...Georgia's toughest games of the year started with SC and Auburn. They were exposed as being one-dimensional last week, but we don't have the same sort of D line that Auburn has...good news is that I think our secondary can get some picks if we can shut down the run. I'd love to get another one from these guys to make it 3 out of 4...

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Back to the spirit of the thread...yeah, it's time for some payback. It's totally doable too...Georgia's toughest games of the year started with SC and Auburn. They were exposed as being one-dimensional last week, but we don't have the same sort of D line that Auburn has...good news is that I think our secondary can get some picks if we can shut down the run. I'd love to get another one from these guys to make it 3 out of 4...

I really think we can slow down their run game but i'm worried about getting pressure on Fromm, hopefully he will throw a couple of picks.

Ash

Ramblin' Wreck
I broke up with a girl I had been going out with for a few weeks over that game in 2009. She wasn't a big fan of CFB so she didn't go to the game with me. When I called her the next day she jokingly said "I guess I will go buy a UGA shirt now". I was in no mood to think that was funny. I hung up on her. She called back but the damage was done and things fell apart quickly between us. We never went out again.

GTfan4Life

Jolly Good Fellow
I broke up with a girl I had been going out with for a few weeks over that game in 2009. She wasn't a big fan of CFB so she didn't go to the game with me. When I called her the next day she jokingly said "I guess I will go buy a UGA shirt now". I was in no mood to think that was funny. I hung up on her. She called back but the damage was done and things fell apart quickly between us. We never went out again.

It's always best to learn these things early in a relationship. You dodged a potential bullet there.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
I like our chances with Roof vs. uga, he does a good job scheming against them. Anyone know his record vs. them as a player/coach?