It's about that time of year again

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
I hope each of them get up to five years in the pen. Will teach them more than they will ever learn at UGA. It really is their best shot at becoming productive citizens.

Go Jackets!

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
What's really mind-boggling about this is that it never even occurred to those morons that anyone would notice them cashing the same check over and over again. I mean, there's dumb and then there's this.
Home%20alone%20Tallahassee%20Grapevine.jpg

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
4 years of gt 4* recruits in one room. Can u imagine what would happen if we had 4 4* do this. Rail ride out of town.

By way if these 4 were doing it, are there more?

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Yeah give them a new 4 year ride to Reidsville. All expenses paid, room board and and a nice striped wardrobe suitable for year round. They want need a stipend.

Go Jackets!

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
The total amount stolen was over 700 dollars. They probabaly could have been charged with a felony conspiracy.

Rodney Kent

Ramblin' Wreck
I don't think they should serve jail time if it is their first offense. However, regardless of it being UGA, Tech, Alabama, Notre Dame, etal, they should be kicked off the team immediately. If any coach is willing to pick them up, then they should have to at least sit out one year regardless of the classification, and shoul lose one year of eligibility for the crime. This would not be complete devastation, but would suit the punishment for the crime and implant the importance of obeying the law; I understand it is a misdemeanor.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
I see how this played out. One of them did it first was all geeked up and told the other ones. They think it's all easy win. Nope.
Juvenile minds not thinking it all the way through.

Suspension first four games.
Probation status at UGA
Restitution of X amount of $$$
and Community Service of X amount of hours.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I see how this played out. One of them did it first was all geeked up and told the other ones. They think it's all easy win. Nope.
Juvenile minds not thinking it all the way through.

Suspension first four games.
Probation status at UGA
Restitution of X amount of $$$
and Community Service of X amount of hours.
Is this your guess as what will come down or what has been stated?

I think any time there's theft involved, or other serious code of conduct breach, there should be at least a 1 year suspension. I remember William Bell getting a 1 yr suspension for trying to sell stolen text books back to the bookstore. I think that was an appropriate punishment for a first-time offense. 2nd offense...total disassociation with the program/school.

00Burdell

Helluva Engineer
I thought I read where they set up multiple bank accounts (moron alert: at the same bank) to facilitate laundering the stolen funds.

This was not an impulsive, don't-know-what-I-was-thinking crime. This was a well thought out (for them, anyway) conspiracy just like AE 87 said earlier.

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
I don't know why more schools don't hold up the rap sheet of these factory schools to MOM and DAD. As a parent myself I can't see how especially a mom would really be enthusiastic about their son playing at a school where 25% of recruits don't finish, find themselves in jail or are somehow run out of town.

Its unbelievable to me

GT_B

Ramblin' Wreck
Since it's a misdemeanor i would be shocked if ol' rev richt kicks them off the team. They will get some form of suspension mAybe 1-2 games and be back by game 3.

My question is if this is kind of crap they are trying to pull now why would they not try to scheme something else again down the road? I don't see how when kids do something this planned out that they think reinstating them after some minor punishment is gonna change that. I understand if a kid gets busted at a party for underage drinking because 99% of the student body does it, but theft and some of the other calculated and thought out crimes have no justification to why they would change after a slap on the wrist.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Kids did all kinds of illegal things in college, way more schemes and drug use than what would be considered normal in the rest of society. What these kids did I can't believe was that thought out, because if it was, there is a serious lack in common sense between the four.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Kids did all kinds of illegal things in college, way more schemes and drug use than what would be considered normal in the rest of society. What these kids did I can't believe was that thought out, because if it was, there is a serious lack in common sense between the four.
Well, at least two of them chose UGA over Georgia Tech...so...