It should be hate week

presjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Normally on the day after Thanksgiving, my inner turmoil would be focusing its negative energy upon its natural enemy, those hated football playing pretend students from the state sanctioned school in Athens. But alas covid and the powers that be have conspired to rob us this season from our opportunity to inflict pain upon our enemy. Granted, our chances would be slim this season, but it is a non negative chance. Now my hate has no chance for redemption. It must boil again for another season. I'm afraid my insides will burn out and I will be just an empty shell when hate week once again resumes. Tell me there is hope, fellow Yellow Jacket fanatics.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I damn sure hate this week! All bars are closed here in Michigan! This is the one of 3 weekends the wife lets me sit in a bar all day and watch games while she Christmas shops. The others are Labor Day weekend and the first 2 days of the NCAAT.
So yea, it’s hate week, for Covid....

dmel25

Jolly Good Fellow
It's nice to hate Duke. They make it pretty easy. It's not the same however, but it will have to do this year.
Agreed. Cutcliffe really makes it easy to hate Duke especially after his years of whining and bitching about GT and their offense because of "cut blocks" and then as soon as Paul Johnson retires he starts running the same offense? What a *****.

sgreer

Jolly Good Fellow
Agreed. Cutcliffe really makes it easy to hate Duke especially after his years of whining and bitching about GT and their offense because of "cut blocks" and then as soon as Paul Johnson retires he starts running the same offense? What a *****.
It’s time to beat the Dukies and move this program forward. Time for some payback.

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm with bowhunter. When I first heard the announcement I was disappointed. But very quickly I thought about what the game would look like and I was fine with skipping this year. I don't need to be shown yet again how far away we are from competing with them.

HurricaneJacket

Helluva Engineer
Happened to be in the car this morning and the pups sunday morning show was on, and they were openly talking about dropping us in favor of a fuller conference schedule. We need to whip them next year and remind those POS's that they shouldn't ever be too comfortable about their apparent lead over us.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Happened to be in the car this morning and the pups sunday morning show was on, and they were openly talking about dropping us in favor of a fuller conference schedule. We need to whip them next year and remind those POS's that they shouldn't ever be too comfortable about their apparent lead over us.
Historically speaking, Old Miss, Mississippi State, Arkansas, Missouri, SC, Vandy, and Kentucky have been easier or as easy a win than us. They get sky high for us every year. Some teams they can sleep walk through normally.

flea77

Ramblin' Wreck
DSC_0173.jpg
Screen Shot 2016-12-28 at 7.56.22 AM.jpeg
Screen Shot 2016-12-28 at 7.56.22 AM.jpg
Screen Shot 2016-12-28 at 7.51.22 AM.jpeg
Screen Shot 2016-12-28 at 7.51.22 AM.jpeg
Screen Shot 2017-03-09 at 7.56.33 AM.jpg
Screen Shot 2017-03-09 at 7.56.33 AM.jpg
15439849_10209351146267997_6477120814807998020_n-1.jpg

billga99

Ramblin' Wreck
Be careful what you wish for...while they dismiss us and want a fuller conference schedule, it could easily hurt them in the long run in the area of recruiting. I am sure one of the major issues working against us in recruiting in the State of GA is our inability to beat GA. If we didn't play them, it might hurt them in head to head recruiting. The same thing can be said with Clemson now. Now I am an old timer and have no interest for having this game eliminated, I do think our inability to win hurts both fan interest and recruiting. Of course the way to change this is to be more competitive and win 30-50% of the games and not be shut out in the 21 century at home against Georgia.

HouseDivided

Jolly Good Fellow
Brother-in-law is a huge donor/alum and many of them would be very happy to see us off the schedule on a yearly basis. The train of thought being it isn't much of a rivalry anymore on their end as they have beaten us 17 out of the last 20 if my math is correct? The latest wins being mostly uncompetitive routes as for our efforts. They just don't view us as "anything to gain by winning" at this point. We desperately need to string some wins together and make it competitive ala the O'Leary/Fridge days.