It seems that we may have money

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
Here's one guy we need to go to for the money we need. <LINK> Joe is a GT grad (although I hate it that the article says he graduated from Georgia Tech University). I'm just kidding, though, about hitting him up for more money, because he has donated more than his fair share for the school and program in the past. However, if we could get more alum's behind the program like he has been, we could do pretty well with coaching hires, recruiting resources, facility improvements, etc.

LibertyTurns

Banned
I’m glad the Puerto Rico family tree branch brought over a jug of coquito. Between the disintegration of this thread which I started & our meltdown in basketball I want to wake up tomorrow forgetting today (except if Bammer beats the mutt).

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I’m glad the Puerto Rico family tree branch brought over a jug of coquito. Between the disintegration of this thread which I started & our meltdown in basketball I want to wake up tomorrow forgetting today (except if Bammer beats the mutt).
Man. That’s great. My moms side is Puerto Rican. We drink that every Christmas!

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Add improving our technique on pass sets vs what we have been coaching our OL to do on pass blocking and it could be ok. My main concern is we have 95% of our OL that are guard/center bodies vs traditional tackle bodies. I’ll have to look hard at the roster, but you need 6’5 + style tackles with long arms to block todays atheltic DEs in a more traditional system. We don’t have those guys on the roster.
There must be a reason Will is trying to gain 20 lbs to get ready for the NFL combine. Our guys can carry a little more weight if we go to a different blocking scheme.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
They are dumb because they don’t won’t hire the hot new guy. I don’t know your experience with Tech but we have been there before with Lewis. It was a dark moment in Tech football history. Also ruined his career. I can remember the hire, great recruiter and presented himself very well. People were excited. He couldn’t handle the restrictions at Tech at that time and did not build a great staff. It imploded.

Our successes have come with experienced guys. They weren’t sexy hires but the won here and people were excited about the program. That includes CPJ, Ross and GOL. Though Ross and GOL left you had the feeling they bled gold while they were here.
Just so you know both of them complained about the restrictions on recruiting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Guys that are winners will win at every level. It's a burning desire to compete and win. That has to have been frustrating to PJ last few years as he couldn't see winning at the highest levels against Clemson and UGA anymore.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
As a sidewalk fan who didn't play football past middle school, even I know it doesn't matter who the coach is. You can't go from the option to a pro-style offense. You will absolutely tank while you spend multiple seasons trying to recruit an entirely different team.

By extension there was no way to go from a "pro style" O (or whatever you want to label it) to an Option offense. We had zero players recruited for the 3O.

I would rather be successful in year 4 than year 1 anyway.

It is easy to find a quarter on the sidewalk - tougher to turn it into a dollar.

Last edited:

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
Regardless of the statements on the board I think we are well positioned on offense. We have several players with real talent, my concern still resides on the defensive side of the ball. My priority ? Keep Woody #1 then recruit big d linemen #2

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
Regardless of the statements on the board I think we are well positioned on offense. We have several players with real talent, my concern still resides on the defensive side of the ball. My priority ? Keep Woody #1 then recruit big d linemen #2
I have heard that some of our better young talents will leave after the bowl game.

COJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Add improving our technique on pass sets vs what we have been coaching our OL to do on pass blocking and it could be ok. My main concern is we have 95% of our OL that are guard/center bodies vs traditional tackle bodies. I’ll have to look hard at the roster, but you need 6’5 + style tackles with long arms to block todays atheltic DEs in a more traditional system. We don’t have those guys on the roster.
Agree. And not too many teams do

COJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
We've always had money. Don't listen to the groupthink from the internet message boards.
Then why in the **** are we spending at the bottom of the ACC
? Why when CPJ wanted to hire some people for recruiting he was told no? And don’t tell me that is internet bs. Why would the “money” at least get our recruiting staff to avg in the ACC? I think the stupid pay offs of our b-ball coaches did kill us and CPJ did not have the resources that the new coach will have (thank heaven)

herb

Helluva Engineer
Then why in the **** are we spending at the bottom of the ACC
? Why when CPJ wanted to hire some people for recruiting he was told no? And don’t tell me that is internet bs. Why would the “money” at least get our recruiting staff to avg in the ACC? I think the stupid pay offs of our b-ball coaches did kill us and CPJ did not have the resources that the new coach will have (thank heaven)

Everything I have seen that has been gathered from open records requests confirms that we have been next to last in football spending in the acc. If we do have all this money, I agree with cojacket, what the heck have we been doing with it? According to this https://www.syracuse.com/orangefoot...ollege_football_where_does_syracuse_rank.html
We are 61st out of 65 teams, only ahead of Wake in the ACC. Clemson is roughly twice us and the school in Athens is more than that.