It is time for a coaching change

Status
Not open for further replies.

wuzjrbuzz

Jolly Good Fellow
lmao. We scored 28 in regulation against UT . And against UVA we scored 36 only because we got a pick 6 and a fumble to give us the ball on the 14. We had 16 drives other than that 14 yard one. We scored 3 times. And that isn't a problem? lol.

I don't care to even debate this, fine, you win

GT_EE78

Banned
I'm not so sure. If you exclude the first two years when CPJ had Gaily recruits,since then we're 40-44 versus power 5 conf teams (includes bowl games) so we haven't been an overall .500 team for a long time.we already are Tennessee.Time to move on. Go Jackets

Last edited:

Jmonty71

Banned
Its a matter of having the money to just let the coaching staff go, pay severance and actually have cash to hire a new staff. I think we're stuck. We have a good year, all the contracts get extended and then we suck. Unless the school can pony up money, we'll continue to be mediocre most years. Just my 2 cents

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
lmao. We scored 28 in regulation against UT . And against UVA we scored 36 only because we got a pick 6 and a fumble to give us the ball on the 14. We had 16 drives other than that 14 yard one. We scored 3 times. And that isn't a problem? lol.
It IS a BIG problem.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
I have been a Jacket fan my entire life and always will be one. I understand everyone's frustrating in losing all these games we should win. How do you think Florida State fans feel this year. They lost one player and that has affected their entire season. So is Florida State really bad this year because Francois got hurt? Maybe, or is it because their OL can't protect their freshman quarterback? They also have 4 and 5 star OL. Maybe the freshmen is still trying to learn the game as a first year starter? Is it time for Jimbo to take a hike? He has a top 10 recruiting class every year and they only have 3 wins in November. So is it a coaching problem or player problem? Are the players just not that good or are they under coached? I love Georgia Tech and I love Paul Johnson. He always has teams that fight their hearts out. I think we are a good team but our problem is finishing games we can't do it. I don't want to be like Tennesee and have a terrible team for over 10 years. Anybody know the last time they went to the SEC Championship? (2001) They are about to fire their current coach and hire their fourth coach in 10 years. So everyone is ready to have Georgia Tech go through the same because CPJ doesn't win the ACC championship every year. I am not ready for that yet. There needs to be same changes I agree but I don't think it's time for a new coach. Let's see how we respond theses last few games of the year. We were also spoiled with JT. He knew he system really well and played it well. Also have to give some defensive coaches credit as well. There are some great defense coaches who just know how play the game. I believe Alabama has one on their staff. I think He gets credit as well for his defense and it stopping everybody expect Deshawn Watson and Johnny Football. Let's get ready for the next game and go Jackets!!!

Some good points, but who is responsible for the players recruited, or the ones offered he can not close on?

His best year he still lost to those deities of college football for the last 6 or 7 decades - puke and unc.

We have the same issues every year with no adjustments, changes, different philosophies tried.

Stubborn and arrogant and running a system that further decreases our limited recruiting pool for both O and D players.

But, in great part to the cheap azz nature of too many GT millionaires (we can not even sell our allotment to Jax bowl after beating ugag) we indeed can not afford to fire / hire / reassign anyone.

Gotta beat ugag this year.

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
I'm not so sure. If you exclude the first two years when CPJ had Gaily recruits,since then we're 40-44 versus power 5 conf teams (includes bowl games) so we haven't been an overall .500 team for a long time.we already are Tennessee.Time to move on. Go Jackets
While we’re eliminating things we don’t like, do we get to eliminate Kirby’s wins this year with Richt’s players, or Richt’s wins with Golden’s players, or two of Urban Meyer’s national titles? This argument is sooooooooo dumb.

GT_EE78

Banned
Some good points, but who is responsible for the players recruited, or the ones offered he can not close on?

His best year he still lost to those deities of college football for the last 6 or 7 decades - puke and unc.

We have the same issues every year with no adjustments, changes, different philosophies tried.

Stubborn and arrogant and running a system that further decreases our limited recruiting pool for both O and D players.

But, in great part to the cheap azz nature of too many GT millionaires (we can not even sell our allotment to Jax bowl after beating ugag) we indeed can not afford to fire / hire / reassign anyone.

Gotta beat ugag this year.
While we’re eliminating things we don’t like, do we get to eliminate Kirby’s wins this year with Richt’s players, or Richt’s wins with Golden’s players, or two of Urban Meyer’s national titles? This argument is sooooooooo dumb.
ouch, sounds like you don't get the importance of recruiting, which was the point of the comment. Go Jackets

wuzjrbuzz

Jolly Good Fellow
No way GT fires Paul Johnson. This is not a football factory. Look at the last 50 years, and outside of a handful of outliers, particularly 1990, this is GT football, and that is not a put down. We will win around 6 games a season with the occasional 9+ season. Look it up.

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
We will win more games with players who can block better, tackle better, pass better, cover better and catch better. Unfortunately, other team's just seem to have better "cats" than we do.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Score 41 vs UT and 36 vs UV, not a problem with the offense. How many seasons have we had decent teams on offense with defensive and special team meltdowns... it is almost predictable at this point. Getting to old to sweat this anymore. Still, I have season tickets and will pull for GT as I have for 55+ years.

Offense didn't score 36 vs UVA...

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
How do we afford the buyout? We can barely afford to pay the other coaches we fired. Unless there is a big donation coming soon we can afford to fire Paul.

But we sure do look mediocre now days. Many people are shutting down the offense more and more
From my understanding, the contract extension that Bobinski signed actually reduced the buyout for the last three years to 1 million dollars if he is fired. Therefore if we fired him after this year we would only owe him 3 million. I still don’t think we should fire him but if we did then it wouldn’t be as bad as some past contracts.

GT_EE78

Banned
You choose to post for the first time shortly after a tough loss, calling for a coach to be fired, and using little to no logic or facts to back up your assertions. You anecdotal hyperbole like a hammer, though. These are typical troll behaviors.
It appears you have a problem with understanding sarcasm, it's great to be a newbie and get called a troll,idiot,tar and feather type. Thanks for the welcome dude

Status
Not open for further replies.