It is pretty obvious

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
what has happened to GT bball in the last several yrs after watching the NCAA /final 4.
THE GUARDS esp the PGs told the story.UConn won because they have the best pair of guards on a team in US. (and oddly neither is big).They handled ball, shot well all over,played vicious def and HIT FTs!

Blewitt and now Gregory have had generally poor guards and ESPECIALLY PG play.I would love to say that it will get better next yr but it is more likely to get worse with a 6 ft FR coming off a knee op our main hope.
When Cremins got here the first thing he got was a REAL PG in Mark Price as did blewit..Our next coach had better do the same or he is deadmeat also.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Got to this thread because Tadric Jackson retweeted it. I hope he didn't actually read it.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Think about when we made our best runs.

1985 Final 8...Mark Price
1990 Final 4...with a phenom Kenny Anderson
1992 Sweet 16....Travis Best
2004 Final....Jarrett Jack, Will Bynum
We also won the ACC in 1996 with Stephon Marbury and Drew Barry.

There were other great players on the team, but a great PG in college is a must. It's like having a great QB on your football team.

The promising thing about next year is we'll have a pair of guards who will probably the most talented combo of guards we've had since that 2004 run. Jorgenson looked the PG we've been missing until he got hurt, and Tadric Jackson became a better all-around guard his senior year...and the guy can flat out score. If Carter and MGH return, we could have a very good team. It's going to hurt losing Daniel Miller...probably the most underated big man in the country. He's going to get a legit shot in the NBA.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I think Jorgenson and Jackson have the potential to be a great back court to go along with Georges-Hunt, Carter, and Samson. We'll then have Stephens and Lammers as primary support at big, Bolden and Heyward as primary support at Guard and Poole as a swing. It seems to me that we'll have sufficient talent to compete.

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
I think Jorgenson and Jackson have the potential to be a great back court to go along with Georges-Hunt, Carter, and Samson. We'll then have Stephens and Lammers as primary support at big, Bolden and Heyward as primary support at Guard and Poole as a swing. It seems to me that we'll have sufficient talent to compete.
Lord, I hope so- but competing and winning can be 2 different things,we competed this yr

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Lord, I hope so- but competing and winning can be 2 different things,we competed this yr

That's why I said talent. If we stay healthy and don't win our way to the dance, CBG won't have any excuses left.