It’s Yates Time...period

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
I get the feeling that posters here want to use Yates' success as a final measure of vindication of how great of a coach CPJ was...Again, I say, LET IT GO. He's retired.

lol yeah that’s it. Definitely has nothing to do with him being a highly ranked recruit or the fact that we might as well see what we have with him since the season is lost.

thebull35

Jolly Good Fellow
lol yeah that’s it. Definitely has nothing to do with him being a highly ranked recruit or the fact that we might as well see what we have with him since the season is lost.

Trust and believe a lot of posters here want that to be the final feather in the cap to CPJ...And oh yeah as CPJ always said, "they all come highly recommended"...or something like that.

thebull35

Jolly Good Fellow
All I know is that as a coach, if I have players that are similar in ability, but are separated by age, I try and find the best balance to give as much playing time to the younger kid without destroying his confidence; allow him/her to learn by taking some lumps, but still putting that kid and the program in the best situation to succeed in both the short and long term. Right now, that young kid is JG. Now whose to say that JY with a full spring on the field and in the weightroom will not surpass JG? Honestly, we dont know. But for the HERE AND NOW JG is the guy

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
If they felt that Yates was even marginally better than JG he would have been in there a hell of a lot more than he has.

I disagree here. If he’s only marginally better than Graham, then you don’t burn his redshirt this year with the OL issues we have. Yates could be better than Graham but not better enough where it was worth it to burn his redshirt. Yates wasn’t winning is any games that Graham lost.

TheFlyest

Ramblin' Wreck
Did he score against the 2nd & third string defense?
Hold off on all that. He’ll play but it wasn’t like he did much different, or had even an impact.

I was moderately impressed with Yates today, especially in view of the fact that he got absolutely no blocking from the line or protection in the pocket. I look forward to seeing more of him, hopefully soon. BUT, and I know the majority of you on here will totally disagree with me on this, I think that Oliver should have been named started at the beginning of the season and left there until he was beat out by someone else (which he actually was not). Oliver is the only one of the QBs who have played who actually made a difference on the field. Is that saying our record would be better now, no, not really. BUT I think we would have least APPEARED to have some semblance of an offensive scheme, IF his talents were capitalized on. As it is, we show no semblance of an offensive scheme at all, no matter who is at QB. And for that, I blame P'nut.

Deleted member 2897

“It’s ______’s time, period.” When you’ve put 4 different guys names in that space passionately, maybe it’s not the previous _______’s fault.

Deleted member 2897

The original post by me got deleted for inappropriate behavior. Just wanted to point that out to the GTSwarm community. We are no longer allowed to criticize coaches. Be warned. Lol.

Fake Boos.

FrytownJacket

Georgia Tech Fan
One of the things that concerns me about JG is he admitted publicly that he didn't prepare for the Pitt game... As a RSfrosh who had just got handed the keys to the car, how can you not be prepared and ready to compete every single week? The starring down your receivers, throwing off balance into double and triple coverage, missing guys wide open, etc etc, you can live with to a certain point until it becomes a habit(soph season), but admitting he didn't prepare for Pitt and looking like he didn't prepare again today would really concern me as a coach... And if he comes out and plays better against NCST and the game is close Yates won't get any snaps until the beat down against ga which I think is a waste.... Im really trying like most to be patient with this staff but this has been butt ugly at times and yes there have been constant improvements through out the year but this game was a big step backwards..... I believe Yates is our future qb and should get as many snaps as he can get in these last two games...

upwgdrb

Jolly Good Fellow
He looked exactly liked the other 4 QBs that played this year

I did not see that. Maybe Lucas in his last outing. Made all the throws. Graham never has. We all know you love Graham and he is a great kid and phenomenal athlete. He hasn’t shown at any time he can make the throws regularly fir the base offense.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
I did not see that. Maybe Lucas in his last outing. Made all the throws. Graham never has. We all know you love Graham and he is a great kid and phenomenal athlete. He hasn’t shown at any time he can make the throws regularly fir the base offense.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He looked just like all the other QBs trying to operate behind a flawed, depleted OLINE

TheFlyest

Ramblin' Wreck
For me. Graham should have been left in the game to see if he can overcome the adversity.

Jalen Hurts has three turnovers today and was down 31-10 & at the end....
but he’s a senior and was allowed to play through it. Graham should have gotten that opportunity.

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
The original post by me got deleted for inappropriate behavior. Just wanted to point that out to the GTSwarm community. We are no longer allowed to criticize coaches. Be warned. Lol.

That is the #1 issue on this board and why it’s getting so divided.

Even if you dont comment directly on a coach people are getting aggressively defensive b/c they believe any second guessing of anyone is some kind of attempt to start a coup. I thought we were all for the same thing, Tech winning.

Use to be part of any football convo to question play calls in certain situations but this coach loyalty thing is getting out of control - bad. It seems that there are a lot of folks on here that are here just to monitor any comments that THEY believe are pro or anti coach __________ ( insert your coach)

It’s a football blog people ! Stop acting like you are any of these coaches personal emotional body guards !