Issues with Youtube TV

MikeGT

Jolly Good Fellow
I got a trial of AT&t TV to watch the game last week and it seemed okay except it didn't allow me to pause or rewind live TV. That's one of the things I love most about YouTube TV. If I'm watching a game and I need to get up and go do something I can pause it and come back later and then just skip through commercials until I'm live again. Also if I happen to be late to the start of the game I can start it from the beginning. I don't know if that's a possibility with AT&t TV but with my trial subscription and streaming it through my phone and Roku it did not allow me to do that.

I had Hulu live for a while, that interface for pausing, rewinding/FF, having to watch the commercials even if you already had.... very glitchy, frustrating and I hated it.
YTTV is much, much better.
However.... the price has increased and if there are GT sports I can't watch, then I'll have to start looking elsewhere. If ATT TV doesn't allow you to pause live TV so I can sync up our radio/streaming broadcast, than that won't help me either.

JacketRacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I use Hulu Live via chromecast, and the only downside to those considering it is there's about a 10 second delay between you watching it and someone watching either live or through cable.

99% of the time it doesn't matter, but sometimes I'll get scoring alerts before I see it. And about 50% of the chat here on gtswarm will be ahead of you.

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
HuluTV is the way to go. I use my friends account. He only has it for football season. It has EVERY GAME. And you can record games as well. And there are always replays of all the games. I had YouTube TV for a week and hated it

Milwaukee

Banned
Move this thread out of the fball forum into Lounge.

I swore I’d never cut the cord but my Spectrum bill jumped up to $265/mo in August so I started doing research for options. I’m a soccer buff so I saw a bunch of ads for the FuboTV packages and was blown away. I made a spreadsheet of essential channels that I must have for my sports viewing needs: BeinSports, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ESPNNews, FS1, FS2, Big10 Network, Pac12 Networks, NFL, MLB, NBA, Golf, NFL Redzone, NBCSN, ACCNW, SECNW, CBSSN, etc. I’ve shared my login with someone in ATL as well as Madison, WI and they both converted immediately. It was launched as a soccer streaming platform originally but now they have it all. I’ve already compiled a kick *** dvr collection in just a month. I highly recommend Fubo, and I’ve saved a ton of cash. I went with the Family Plan at $64/mo and added the SportsPack for $10/mo. Adding any add-on qualifies you for 3 streams at once and 500hrs of DVR.
92E547E6-02EC-40AF-9F29-4A454A7B6695.jpeg
E2C4D6F3-24F1-4CFA-91FC-15A10B27785F.jpeg

tsrich

Ramblin' Wreck
I got a trial of AT&t TV to watch the game last week and it seemed okay except it didn't allow me to pause or rewind live TV. That's one of the things I love most about YouTube TV. If I'm watching a game and I need to get up and go do something I can pause it and come back later and then just skip through commercials until I'm live again. Also if I happen to be late to the start of the game I can start it from the beginning. I don't know if that's a possibility with AT&t TV but with my trial subscription and streaming it through my phone and Roku it did not allow me to do that.
No pause of live tv? That's nuts.
I have briefly thought about AT&T TV since we're on YTTV. I've heard too many complaints about Hulu and with the added DVR cost, it would be as much or more than YTTV. Guess i can rule out AT&T as well; no live pause is a deal breaker.

Does anyone know if Tech games will still show up on ESPN3 after their broadcast on Fox regional? It's looking like I may just watch those after gametime.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Freezing cold @Milwaukee takes. (Only doing this because I know he can take it)

Aug-Sept 2019
After my 1st year of “promo” pricing my price was gonna go up $55 so I told them I was cancelling unless I continued to get the same rate. They gave it to me. I pay $94/mo for the best internet on the market and I get all the premium movie channels HBO CMax Showtime Starz and a souped up sports pack that includes my soccer channels. The cord cutters are losing money or not getting enough content, plain and simple. How much is your internet alone once you cut the cord? Tack that on with these other hulu, youtube, psVue, Netflix, etc packages and you’re getting killed.

I also pay for Netflix and Prime though. I still come out WAY ahead for what I get.
You cord cutters are getting screwed. You have to have internet, you can’t get around it. So just bundle correctly and it’s a better deal. I see lots of “cord cutters” thumping their chest but you’re getting completely screwed on channel options. I have Spectrum and have a kickass package (that’s what she said) and I pay barely over a hundred bucks. Sports pack (ESPN, espn2, nbc sports, EspnU, Fs1, fs2, all of the pac12 channels, all of the big10 channels, secN, ACCN, NFLN, MLbN, NHL, nba, additional soccer pass BeinSports, FoxSoccerPlus, etc, premium movie channels (HBO, Starz, Showtime, etc. All with amazing internet.
Cord cutters should just choose a better package or deal, that’s all.

ACCN is amazing, it’s all I’ve ever wanted.

One year later
Move this thread out of the fball forum into Lounge.

I swore I’d never cut the cord but my Spectrum bill jumped up to $265/mo in August so I started doing research for options. I’m a soccer buff so I saw a bunch of ads for the FuboTV packages and was blown away. I made a spreadsheet of essential channels that I must have for my sports viewing needs: BeinSports, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ESPNNews, FS1, FS2, Big10 Network, Pac12 Networks, NFL, MLB, NBA, Golf, NFL Redzone, NBCSN, ACCNW, SECNW, CBSSN, etc. I’ve shared my login with someone in ATL as well as Madison, WI and they both converted immediately. It was launched as a soccer streaming platform originally but now they have it all. I’ve already compiled a kick *** dvr collection in just a month. I highly recommend Fubo, and I’ve saved a ton of cash. I went with the Family Plan at $64/mo and added the SportsPack for $10/mo. Adding any add-on qualifies you for 3 streams at once and 500hrs of DVR.

Milwaukee

Banned
Here is what I have since ACC will be using RSN thru 2026-27 season I have broke this down to All ACC CHANNELS( includes RSN), Most(No RSN, but ACCN), None...

Includes ALL ACC Sports Channels

$55/month - Hulu Live TV - ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNews, ESPNU, ESPN GoalLine, ESPN College Extra, FS1, FS2, CBSSN, NBCSN, Golf Channel, Olympic Channel, TBS, TNT, TruTV, Big 10 Network, SEC Network, ACC Network, Local ABC/NBC/CBS/FOX Affiliate and RSN (if available) ESPN3 Content can be accessed with a Hulu Live TV login in the ESPN app.

$80/month - AT&T TV NOW - ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNews, ESPNU, FS1, FS2, CBSSN, NBCSN, Golf Channel, Olympic Channel, TBS, TNT, TruTV, Big 10 Network, SEC Network, ACC Network, Longhorn Network, Local ABC/NBC/CBS/FOX Affiliate and RSN (if available) ESPN3 Content can be accessed with a AT&T TV NOW login in the ESPN app.

Includes Most ACC Sports Channels (No RSNs)

$40/month - Sling Orange + Sports Pack - ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3 content, ESPNews, ESPNU, ESPN Goal Line/Bases Loaded, SEC Network, ACC Network, TBS, TNT, PAC 12 Network, NBA Network, NHL Network, MLB Network, MLB Strikezone, Tennis Channel, BEIN Sports, Stadium, OutsideTV.
The cheapest price point available to get all ESPN Networks, TBS, and TNT with most other specialty sport networks. MISSING: most RSNs, CBSSN, Big 10 Network, FS1/FS2, NBCSN, Golf, and Olympic.

$50/month - Vidgo Plus - ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN Deportes, ESPNews, ESPNU, ESPN Goal Line/Bases Loaded, SEC Network, ACC Network, Longhorn Network, FS1, FS2, Fox Deportes, Big Ten Network, Local FOX/ABC Affiliates, NFL Network, NFL Redzone Pac 12 Network and Regional PAC 12 Networks, BEIN Sports, Stadium, MAV TV
New Sevice that had added ESPN and Fox Networks plus Redzone. This package is worth a look for college sports fans. MISSING: RSN, NBC, NBCSN, CBS, CBSSN, NBA, NHL, MLB, Golf, Olympic, Tennis.

$60/month - Sling Orange/Blue Combo with Sports - ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3 content, ESPNews, ESPNU, ESPN Goal Line/Bases Loaded, SEC Network, ACC Network, FS1, FS2, NBCSN, Local FOX/NBC Affiliate and NBC RSN (if available), TBS, TNT, TruTv, NFL Network, NFL RedZone, NBA Network, NHL Network, MLB Network, MLB Strikezone, Tennis Channel, Golf Channel, Olympic Channel, Pac 12 Network, BEIN Sports, Stadium, OutsideTV. Gets you pretty much all sports channels except most RSNs, CBSSN and the Big 10 Network which is coming for 2020 football season.

$65/month - YouTube TV - ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNews, ESPNU, FS1, FS2, CBSSN, NBCSN, Golf Channel, Olympic Channel, TBS, TNT, TruTV, Big 10 Network, SEC Network, ACC Network, NBA Network, MLB Network, Tennis Channel, Local ABC/NBC/CBS/FOX YouTube TV is probably the most well rounded package for sports if you do not need RSNs or NFL Network. ESPN 3 content is available via ESPN app.

Does Not Include ACC Sports

$8/month - Fanatiz - BEIN Sports, BEIN Espanol, BEIN Sports Connect Online Channels, Gol TV English and Spanish, TYC Sports International, Nuestre Tele International. An affordable soccer focused streaming service. [DOES NOT INCLUDE MOST ACC SPORTS].

$10/month - Sling World Sports - BEIN Sports, BEIN Sports Connect Online Channels, Outside TV, Willow TV, Willow TV Extra, Nautical Channel. An easy way to add BEIN if your main provider doesn't carry it or if BEIN is all you want. Willow is a cricket network too. [DOES NOT INCLUDE MOST ACC SPORTS].

$30/month - Sling Orange - ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3 content, TBS, TNT, Stadium
The cheapest price point available to get ESPN/2, TBS, and TNT. Also includes easy access to Stadium. [Includes some ACC sports, but not the ACC Network or ESPNU].

$30/month - Sling Blue - FS1, NBCSN, Local FOX/NBC affiliate and NBC RSN (if available), TBS, TNT, TruTV, NFL Network, Stadium. The cheapest price point available to get FOX/NBC/Turner/NFL Network. Also includes easy access to Stadium. [DOES NOT INCLUDE MOST ACC SPORTS].

$40/month - Sling Blue + Sports Pack - FS1, NBCSN, Local FOX/NBC Affiliate and NBC RSN (if available), TBS, TNT, TruTv, NFL Network, NFL RedZone, NBA Network, NHL Network, MLB Network, MLB Strikezone, Tennis Channel, Golf Channel, Olympic Channel, Pac 12 Network, BEIN Sports, Stadium, OutsideTV. Gets you many sports channels. MISSING: most RSNs, the ESPN Networks, CBSSN, Big 10 Network (noted as coming in 2020 for football season). [DOES NOT INCLUDE MOST ACC SPORTS].

$55/month - FuboTv - FS1, FS2, CBSSN, NBCSN, Golf Channel, Olympic Channel, TBS, TNT, TruTV, Big 10 Network, PAC 12 Network, NFL Network, NBA Network, BEIN, TVG, Local NBC/CBS/FOX and RSN (If available) FUBO also carries the Univision networks which is what sets them apart
Fubo has a sports pack available for additional $11/month which will add NFL Redzone, Tennis Channel, Stadium and the Stadium Xtra channels and other minor Sports Networks/Alternate feeds like the PAC 12 regional networks, Fox College Sports Network, and Gol TV. [DOES NOT INCLUDE MOST ACC SPORTS].

Link

The data on the mig is inaccurate. FuboTV has ACC Network. It’s also the only option that has all the conference networks Pac12, Big10, ACC, SEC.

slugboy

Staff member
AT&T TV has about a one play lag, but if they’re also your internet it removes any data caps. It seems to have just about everything you’d want
More pricey that a lot of the other options, however

Milwaukee

Banned
I have not read the entire thread but will respond with what I know. I had YTTV until they raised the rates $15, Briefly tried FUBO but they were supposed to get ABC and the ESPN networks which proved partially false. I now have HULU + and like it pretty well. With all three l had breaks in streaming due to connection issues. I use ATT Uverse ISP and blame their router mostly. I disabled their router and bought a wifi 6 router which improved the availability by
about 75%. I also have a TV where my Roku is mounted directly on the HDMI port and it sags a bit once in a while causing a glitch.

Fubo currently they did add all of the ESPN channels. Are you referring to your local national ABC being missing? I believe Fubo offers 3 of the 4 national locals currently but you don’t need them, just switch the source over to your antenna.

Jacket4Life

Jolly Good Fellow
Im not sure why you couldn't pause live TV. Maybe its new? I have it and I can pause live tv.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I think there are multiple reasons for dropping Fox regional networks. First, COVID is narrowing the TV sports market and Disney is simply owning that world right now. Second, cable cutting is making the carriers like Cox and Spectrum very wary of cost increases. Fox thinks those regional networks are worth more than just the ad dollars. So, there is a bit of a squeeze going on. Third, the job losses are forcing a lot of people to trim cost from their home budget. While cable TV is a lot better than a digital antenna, the antenna is a one time expense.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Lmao 😂 Believe me I swore I’d never cut the cord, when my bill went to $265 I tried threatening Spectrum with cancellation again but this time they wouldn’t budge.
I’m very impressed with FuboTV.

But, in general, your first takes are correct, but depending on where you live, your "leverage" may not be as great. It sounds like for a long time, you had enough leverage on Spectrum. I have been able to keep my "internet only" service with them at the same price now for 3 years (sob stories or cancellation threats), but I figure at some point, it will run out, and I will have to pay more. We get our electricity through an electrical cooperative - Joe Wheeler EMC - they are now adding high speed internet capability to many areas, so hopefully, in the next year or so, I will have a 2nd really good internet only option.

My problem with Spectrum wasn't the bundle package prices, but the fact that they kept raising their "broadcast surcharge" fees - basically, I have to pay an extra $15 just for local channels which is not shown in their "bundle prices". Also, you need at least 1 or 2 of their stupid boxes, and they are now charging $9 per month extra for those - also not in their stated prices. So, what should be $99 ends up being closer to $130. (and that is their lower tier channel package) And, honestly, I really don't watch 90% of the channels.

Still hoping someone will give a true "a la carte" menu one day.

TechCubed

Helluva Engineer
We switched from Comcast to YTTV about six months ago and been very satisfied. Just the ability to watch live on your phone while traveling, waiting in line, etc. is a game changer. My solution to them dropping RSN is getting a buddy with Comcast to activate my Fox Sports Go app (on Sony TV), so not missing out on anything.