Is this going to be Upset weekend?

TheTaxJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Wish Mizzou could just end the playoff talk for UGA. I cant even listen to sports radio in this town right now. UGA has the softest schedule known to man with some extremely bad football teams on it. It sucks they get the benefit of the doubt. If GT played that weak schedule we could win every game and be ranked like 15 or 20 because of weak SOS.

Chris Freeman

Jolly Good Fellow
Wish Mizzou could just end the playoff talk for UGA. I cant even listen to sports radio in this town right now. UGA has the softest schedule known to man with some extremely bad football teams on it. It sucks they get the benefit of the doubt. If GT played that weak schedule we could win every game and be ranked like 15 or 20 because of weak SOS.
Oh my gosh! It's horrible. Had a conversation just yesterday where I received quite the tongue lashing for even suggesting that the UGA fans on my Facebook comparing themselves to Alabama was a bit premature. Lost their minds and went straight for the nerd insults etc. Also, said I should start referring to Kirby Smart as daddy. I had to remind them that he hasn't actually beaten us yet... idiots

TheTaxJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Yeah it is pathetic. Wins over Vandy, Miss State, App State, Samford, UT and one point win where they were extremely lucky over ND and they are comparing themselves to Bama.

And they are comparing every aspect of their program to Bama. Its sad.

I cant ever imagine saying GT is just like Clemson and I am glad. UGA has Bama envy so bad it is a conplex.

Deleted member 2897

You guys are right on to be laughing at georgia comparing themselves to Alabama. When your quarterback was the #2 ranked quarterback in the entire country as a recruit and you only throw for 126 yards against Vanderbilt...no, you are not Alabama.

I'd love for them to lose 3 times before they come here, but I'd also be happy with them showing up 11-0. We have finished ranked higher than them 2 of the last 4 years, which just literally shouldn't be possible when you have a decade of the most talented players in the country. They'll be staring in the face the chance of losing to us 3 of the last 4 years and of our ruining their year. If they were to lose to us and then Alabama in the SEC Championship, they'd be going from talking about a National Championship to not even making the CFP within a period of 2 weeks. They would have all the pressure and stress on them, and we'd have nothing to lose.

JDjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I do hope UGA loses, but I've watched some of their games and their defense is really good having like 5-6 guys that could have gone to the draft return for their senior year was huge for them. Combine them having a great defense and chubb/michel coming back with their soft schedule and they're primed for an SEC title game run. With UFs QB going down, @Auburn is the only SEC loss I see on their schedule aside from Bama in the title game. They should have lost the ND game... brian kelly shouldn't be sleeping at night bc of that. Back to back fumbles, the first of which leading to the go ahead FG. Just bad on NDs part.

Although they're streak in Atlanta is over this year, so that'll be another L for them too.

You guys are right on to be laughing at georgia comparing themselves to Alabama. When your quarterback was the #2 ranked quarterback in the entire country as a recruit and you only throw for 126 yards against Vanderbilt...no, you are not Alabama.

I'd love for them to lose 3 times before they come here, but I'd also be happy with them showing up 11-0. We have finished ranked higher than them 2 of the last 4 years, which just literally shouldn't be possible when you have a decade of the most talented players in the country. They'll be staring in the face the chance of losing to us 3 of the last 4 years and of our ruining their year. If they were to lose to us and then Alabama in the SEC Championship, they'd be going from talking about a National Championship to not even making the CFP within a period of 2 weeks. They would have all the pressure and stress on them, and we'd have nothing to lose.

This is not my original thought, just reinforcing a previous post. Let's assume Georgia comes to the Tech game as the undefeated East Division champ. They have to decide: do we prep for Tech 100% or do we cheat and start looking toward Alabama? The SECCG is the key to getting in the final four as SEC champ. It will be a dilemma, not just for Coach Shart and the staff, but for each and every individual player on the team. Yes, they want to beat Tech, but they NEED to beat Alabama. The plot lines of 3 out of the last four, and back-to-back losses to Tech for the first time in 20 years figure in, too. The game being in Atlanta, right down the street from the SEC venue is also a factor. I think it works to our advantage for them to be unbeaten.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
This is not my original thought, just reinforcing a previous post. Let's assume Georgia comes to the Tech game as the undefeated East Division champ. They have to decide: do we prep for Tech 100% or do we cheat and start looking toward Alabama? The SECCG is the key to getting in the final four as SEC champ. It will be a dilemma, not just for Coach Shart and the staff, but for each and every individual player on the team. Yes, they want to beat Tech, but they NEED to beat Alabama. The plot lines of 3 out of the last four, and back-to-back losses to Tech for the first time in 20 years figure in, too. The game being in Atlanta, right down the street from the SEC venue is also a factor. I think it works to our advantage for them to be unbeaten.
Hey I found something I almost agree with you. ;) almost , I would still want to see uga lose any time. If and big if they are undefeated one would they the SECCG would be bigger but the question is how far they would fall losing to us. If we beat them and they beat Alabama and The SEC did not have a team in the Top 4 that would be great.

Last edited: