is it time Auburn & Tech renew their rivalry

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Just a little anecdote about an Auburn fan. As freshmen a group of us went to the GT-Auburn game & got stuck right in the middle of a pack of Auburn fans. It was not a good game if you were a Yellow Jacket as this was 1978. A gentleman sitting in front of us enjoyed his game too much & by the 4th quarter he had pretty much passed out. However, he would occasionally wake up, slowly stand up, raise his arm in salute & slur "GO WAR EAGLES", & then slump back down.

Yoda

Helluva Engineer
Currently, it's a lot easier to get to the big show in the ACC than it is in the SEC. Let's stay here and dominate our "lesser" conference. Of course, Louy coming in is gonna give us some street cred.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
I'm all for playing old SEC rivals .. Border Wars would be good for recruiting and bringin in some excitement as long as we can win some and be competitive. I don't see anything wrong with doing it on a rotational basis. I really would love to go head to head with FSU like we did in the 90's. Those were great games.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
How would you guys feel about rotating say Auburn or Alabama in with Uga? This means not playing Uga every year, just one of the three factories? I'm not for biting off more than we can chew when having an unblemished record is the only way to see a spot in the playoff.

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer
How would you guys feel about rotating say Auburn or Alabama in with Uga? This means not playing Uga every year, just one of the three factories? I'm not for biting off more than we can chew when having an unblemished record is the only way to see a spot in the playoff.

For me personally, I don't want us ever to get rid of the UGA game. I would however like to see us quit playing teams in the quality of a Tulane or Alabama A&M and replace those with any of Alabama, Auburn, Tennesse, or South Carolina. I know we are going to play a couple of cupcakes each season but the other 2 games need to be UGA and a bigger name team.

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer
I'd like to see this schedule

vs. Auburn (Georgia Dome)
vs. Georgia State
at. Georgia Southern
at Virginia Tech
vs. Miami
vs. Duke
at North Carolina
at Pittsburgh
vs. Virginia - Homecoming
at Notre Dame
vs. Clemson
at Georgia

GTJoeBrew

Helluva Engineer
I would love for Tech to start playing Auburn again. One of my best memories was when we went down to Auburn and beat them at their place. I was in junior college (YHC) at the time and was pretty much the only Tech fan that I knew at the school. I took a road trip with a bunch of Auburn and UGA fans thinking we would get slaughtered. I think that Auburn was ranked #2 at the time(2005 I think). Our defense completely dominated them! Rest of the year was pretty forgettable though...

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
I want to start playing Florida St. again. No I don't wish for GT to rejoin that embarrassing conference ..

They do everything possible to fit the negative stereotype of Southerners.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Yes! Played them every year I was at tech. Great rivalry . In 68 we only one 4 games, but beat aurburn away 21-20 with field goal as time ran out. On the dreary overcast day larry good our qb was perfect and at end of game the sun broke through and shown like a spot light on the field goal unit. God loved gt on that day!

If I am going to travel to ga from Texas I want to see real games. Drop the cup cakes and coach contract extender!

For recruiting we need to stop The stupid we go to a crappy bowl streak and really recruit kids with we play big boy football teams - auburn or ND in addition to ACC.
YES!!!!!