Is it a smart move to get a bye before facing Georgia Tech?

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Posting because at least there's one stat in here:

"Not counting season openers or bowl games, Georgia Tech has played 16 teams coming off bye weeks under Johnson. The Jackets are 5-11 in those games."

http://www.espn.com/blog/acc/post/_...teams-to-get-a-bye-before-facing-georgia-tech

Was hoping for a little more from Adelson i.e., how many other ACC teams have faced opponents coming off a bye and their records in those games. If anyone's seen this stat or has calculated it, please post!

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer

"Not counting season openers or bowl games, Georgia Tech has played 16 teams coming off bye weeks under Johnson. The Jackets are 5-11 in those games."

http://www.espn.com/blog/acc/post/_...teams-to-get-a-bye-before-facing-georgia-tech

Was hoping for a little more from Adelson i.e., how many other ACC teams have faced opponents coming off a bye and their records in those games. If anyone's seen this stat or has calculated it, please post!

You expect any work out of Adelson beyond crapping on Tech? Her and Dumbarse Denich both are jokes.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer

It's disappointing that she took the time to write the article and didn't include the "or FCS opponents" data.

steebu

Ramblin' Wreck
More important than the stat is who we played coming off a bye week. I don't recall playing NC State or Kansas or Western Carolina or Wake Forest coming off a bye week. But I sure do remember us playing Miami, Clemson, VT, and NC coming off a bye.

steebu

Ramblin' Wreck
Well, the schedule is 12 games. I think ideally (and it'd never happen because of TV) everyone would play the same schedule, so play weeks 1-6, have a week 7 bye, then play weeks 8-13. No more Thursday games, no more Friday games, etc.

It'd never fly.

Blumpkin Souffle

Bidly Biddington III
Personally, there should be no byes. You start the season, play 11 games and add it up. Too much politics otherwise.
Keyboard warrior over here... I think there should be two bye weeks - one during midterms and one the week of fall break. Remember these kids are students after all.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
How do you do that when not every school is on the same calendar? Better to reduce the opportunity for politics.

Obviously he means based around GT's schedule since GT is the only school where the athletes are actually students as well.