Is Dabo gone too?

Jetdrive3

Jolly Good Fellow
Name another active coach who has won a natty? Jimbo hahaha unlimited resources at A&M and can't get past 8 wins. What type of sustainable success has Kiffen shown? IF Dabo turns them down, Pete Carroll could jump back to college, but he's a So Cal guy, not backwoods Alabama. If Kirby don't win it this year, he could replace Saban in the near future....if you cant beat em, join em. But Dabo is Bamas next coach.
There are no good options to replace Saban. It will be 2+ generations after Nick retires. Everyone wants a clone.

Jetdrive3

Jolly Good Fellow
I am told that Swinney has a "stable" of highly regarded coaches and knew two years ago who would replace the OC or DC should they leave. Several are stashed in off-field positions, so we will see. But it would be a mistake to credit Venables and/or Elliott for covering Swinney's behind. He has proved his coaching skills several times and I think we will see it again, though his new appointments will get the credit ... with Swinneys approval.
100%

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
Obviously. He is creep to boot. Besides Baylor basketball who else can lay claim to a serial killer?
Based on only college football coaching(which I thought was the discussion) would you say he was unsuccessful? (Btw I completely agree he is creepy).

Jetdrive3

Jolly Good Fellow
What about Ohio State?
He left a mess there at OSU, also. All the scandals protecting a sleazy wife beater because his family lineage has lots of connections. Even his wife turned a blind eye and covered for Urban. Now new messes are erupting at the Jags. His act can only be tolerated for limited periods. Winning with Urban is like selling your soul.(Like my melodrama?😁)