Ireland Game 2016

cmathis

Jolly Good Fellow
Quick question... Does anyone know when tickets for the Ireland game next year go on sale? I can't find anything about it.

GlennW

Helluva Engineer
I believe Season Ticket Holders get our "opportunities" when we get renewal reminder e-mails.

LibertyTurns

Banned
I rarely purchase away game tickets thru GT, but figured ND would be a tough ticket. Their stadium was fairly full and it was an away game, so despite the massive availablity of tickets outside the stadium I didn't mind sitting in a seat halfway to Indianapolis.

Faced with the same dilemma in Ireland -no real option to understand where my tickets will be- I'll be heading over there without. You'd think GT would get one side & BC the other. Based on my experience with GT, we'll have ZERO idea what we're getting when we place our ticket orders. Not happening this time. The vast majority of GT fans are way too cheap to go to Ireland & I'll take my chances there's plenty available if I'm getting ZERO information beforehand, have to beg to find out when my tickets are arriving (Hey GT some of our jobs require traveling), then end up with a crappy seat anyway.

We've got the #1 Techological Institute in the country & maybe the world, yet we have difficulty mastering routine tasks that those slightly smarter than the nutlickers up the road can figure out.

elwoodgt

Jolly Good Fellow
I rarely purchase away game tickets thru GT, but figured ND would be a tough ticket. Their stadium was fairly full and it was an away game, so despite the massive availablity of tickets outside the stadium I didn't mind sitting in a seat halfway to Indianapolis.

Faced with the same dilemma in Ireland -no real option to understand where my tickets will be- I'll be heading over there without. You'd think GT would get one side & BC the other. Based on my experience with GT, we'll have ZERO idea what we're getting when we place our ticket orders. Not happening this time. The vast majority of GT fans are way too cheap to go to Ireland & I'll take my chances there's plenty available if I'm getting ZERO information beforehand, have to beg to find out when my tickets are arriving (Hey GT some of our jobs require traveling), then end up with a crappy seat anyway.

We've got the #1 Techological Institute in the country & maybe the world, yet we have difficulty mastering routine tasks that those slightly smarter than the nutlickers up the road can figure out.

Yep. 20 year season ticket holder, but I learned a long time ago not to buy bowl or away tickets through GTAA. Crappy seats, barely-in-time shipping at full face value? No thanks.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
As for away games....where we sit is dictated by the home team. I got all my tickets plenty early this year. The one I got through stub hub....delivery had me sweating a little.

You should write or email MBob expressing those thoughts. Contrary to what many on here think of him, I have found MBob to be very accessible and interested in alumni concerns.

GlennW

Helluva Engineer
Thanks for your comments about getting the away tickets through the GTAA. My wife is a Senior VP of HR, and one of her offices is just outside of Dublin, so she travels there fairly regularly. We'll be making the trip and so what I may do is have her try to pick up the tickets while she's there and try to get us some nice seats.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
My biggest question would be whether there are assigned seats. Most UK entertainment events are open seating, but I'm supposing that isn't so for sports. Anybody know?