iPad iOS 7.0.4 wi fi issues

ToddM

Guys if I can't get an answer here I won't get one anywhere.

Is anyone having issues with intermittent wi fi connection since updating g their iPad 2 to the latest version ?

My other computers are fine it's just my pad.

I have messed with airplane mode, forgotten the network, rebooted everything and still can't fix it.

If anyone can help me please do so it's driving me up the wall.

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
Uh-oh. Was wondering when we were going to have our first Android vs. iOS thread. :lock:

I'm old school. Still got the big 'ol clunky desktop with two big 'ol monitors. Got an andorid phone though.

How many devices do you have connected to wifi?

ToddM

3 devices connected some of the time, 2 most of the time including the pad.

Yeah hope I don't regret my decision to give my son the laptop as I bought the pad. I am almost 100% sure it is iOS 7 but I don't know how to overcome the issue. My router is about a year old now and as I said the laptop has no issue.

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
3 devices connected some of the time, 2 most of the time including the pad.

Yeah hope I don't regret my decision to give my son the laptop as I bought the pad. I am almost 100% sure it is iOS 7 but I don't know how to overcome the issue. My router is about a year old now and as I said the laptop has no issue.
Looks like you aren't the only one having issues.

bat_082994

Ramblin' Wreck
Can't believe Apple is deleting comments rather than encouraging a fix. This is enough to swear off the product. Pads and phones ain't cheap.

Thanks for your help John
Yeah there are reasons I try to stay away from Apple products. I won't get into that, but best of luck figuring out that wifi situation. The best thing I know to tell you is to have the most efficient amount of stuff on Wi-Fi that you can get away with. Don't be afraid to pull out the ethernet cables for the desktop if your still have one. If you have devices running on data, install an app called Onavo Extend. What it does is it compressed the data that is used helping it last longer. Hope this helps!