Introduction of the Yellow Jacket Club

YellowJacketClub

Georgia Tech Fan

Thank you to @Augusta_Jacket, @CuseJacket, @John, @MidtownJacket, and @slugboy for allowing me to post the following information.

My name is Zach Richmond (IE'16 and MS CS'22), and I am a new advisory board member for the Young Alumni Yellow Jacket Club (YA-YJC). Just to be clear, I am posting on behalf of YJC and will share updates on our activities. I would love to hear ideas/suggestions that I can take back to our group, but I want to be clear that I am not an employee of the GTAA.

YJC is a program within the Alexander-Tharpe Fund to engage young alumni of the Georgia Tech community. Donating to YJC gives donors access to a variety of benefits including Alexander-Tharpe Fund Priority Points. As we know, A-T Fund Priority Points give you access to better seating locations at games, and priority to request tickets to championship and bowl games.

The Young Alumni membership in the Yellow Jacket Club offers a flexible athletics experience geared towards young professionals. Individuals are considered Young Alumni for the first ten years after graduation. Each membership includes Alexander-Tharpe Fund Priority Points.
  • How to Join?
    • 0 to 5 years since graduation
      • a minimum of a $50 gift to the Yellow Jacket Club Fund
      • a purchase of a football or men’s basketball young alumni season ticket
    • 6-10 years since graduation
      • $150 gift to the Athletic Scholarship Fund
  • Some but not all benefits:
    • Earn A-T Fund Priority Points
    • Young alumni who graduated in the last 5 years will receive 3 points per $100 donated to the A-T Fund via the Yellow Jacket Club Fund.
    • Priority access to post-season tickets
    • Discount Season Ticket Pricing for Football and Men's Basketball (for young alumni who graduated in the last 5 years)

All donations to YJC are directed to the Athletic Scholarship Fund.

Please help amplify and spread the message if you know someone that is a student about to be young alumni or is a young alumni.

If you are a young alumni, this is a great way to jump-start your A-T points, get better seats at sporting events, and stay plugged into the community. Young alumni can donate $100 a year, split up over 12 months, at $8.33/month. That is cheaper than a subscription to Apple Music, Spotify, HBO, or Netflix.

Young Alumni can donate here or by following the link toward the bottom of the Yellow Jacket Club webpage.

Don't hesitate to get in touch with Christina Cupello ([email protected]) and Brittany Sander ([email protected]) for additional questions. Christina and Brittany are co-advisors for the YA-YJC Advisory Board and oversee Yellow Jacket Club as a whole. Once again, if any suggestions or ideas are posted, I will bring them back to the group.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Are you saying I’m not young anymore!??!? I’ve got another year until I’m 40 so slow down champ!

Joking aside, I like what you’re doing. Keep it up!

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Hey Zach, I’ve been interested in the metro Atlanta chapter. It’s never seemed super active - usually like an event once or twice a year. Are there any plans to up the frequency? Even super low-key, low-planning, no-budget stuff like a men’s or women’s away basketball watch party at a bar in Midtown.

YellowJacketClub

Georgia Tech Fan
Hey Zach, I’ve been interested in the metro Atlanta chapter. It’s never seemed super active - usually like an event once or twice a year. Are there any plans to up the frequency? Even super low-key, low-planning, no-budget stuff like a men’s or women’s away basketball watch party at a bar in Midtown.
I know we have an event coming down the pipeline, nothing public, but let me see if I can get more details. I will also relay the information to Christina and Brittany - I think a watch party would be great.

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer

Thank you to @Augusta_Jacket, @CuseJacket, @John, @MidtownJacket, and @slugboy for allowing me to post the following information.

My name is Zach Richmond (IE'16 and MS CS'22), and I am a new advisory board member for the Young Alumni Yellow Jacket Club (YA-YJC). Just to be clear, I am posting on behalf of YJC and will share updates on our activities. I would love to hear ideas/suggestions that I can take back to our group, but I want to be clear that I am not an employee of the GTAA.

YJC is a program within the Alexander-Tharpe Fund to engage young alumni of the Georgia Tech community. Donating to YJC gives donors access to a variety of benefits including Alexander-Tharpe Fund Priority Points. As we know, A-T Fund Priority Points give you access to better seating locations at games, and priority to request tickets to championship and bowl games.

The Young Alumni membership in the Yellow Jacket Club offers a flexible athletics experience geared towards young professionals. Individuals are considered Young Alumni for the first ten years after graduation. Each membership includes Alexander-Tharpe Fund Priority Points.
  • How to Join?
    • 0 to 5 years since graduation
      • a minimum of a $50 gift to the Yellow Jacket Club Fund
      • a purchase of a football or men’s basketball young alumni season ticket
    • 6-10 years since graduation
      • $150 gift to the Athletic Scholarship Fund
  • Some but not all benefits:
    • Earn A-T Fund Priority Points
    • Young alumni who graduated in the last 5 years will receive 3 points per $100 donated to the A-T Fund via the Yellow Jacket Club Fund.
    • Priority access to post-season tickets
    • Discount Season Ticket Pricing for Football and Men's Basketball (for young alumni who graduated in the last 5 years)

All donations to YJC are directed to the Athletic Scholarship Fund.

Please help amplify and spread the message if you know someone that is a student about to be young alumni or is a young alumni.

If you are a young alumni, this is a great way to jump-start your A-T points, get better seats at sporting events, and stay plugged into the community. Young alumni can donate $100 a year, split up over 12 months, at $8.33/month. That is cheaper than a subscription to Apple Music, Spotify, HBO, or Netflix.

Young Alumni can donate here or by following the link toward the bottom of the Yellow Jacket Club webpage.

Don't hesitate to get in touch with Christina Cupello ([email protected]) and Brittany Sander ([email protected]) for additional questions. Christina and Brittany are co-advisors for the YA-YJC Advisory Board and oversee Yellow Jacket Club as a whole. Once again, if any suggestions or ideas are posted, I will bring them back to the group.
I have graduated from Tech twice, once in my twenties and the other just a few years back (not in either my twenties or thirties). Can I still count as a young alumni?

EddieK

Jolly Good Fellow
No, once in my 20s and once in my late 40s.
I'm in a similar situation. I did one in my 20s and am now preparing for my GMAT to possibly go back for an MBA and I'm nearing my 40s. Got a couple questions. Did you take the GRE or GMAT? I'm kinda locked into taking the GMAT since I've taken two prep courses on it. And if you don't mind answering, what did you get your grad degree in?

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
I'm in a similar situation. I did one in my 20s and am now preparing for my GMAT to possibly go back for an MBA and I'm nearing my 40s. Got a couple questions. Did you take the GRE or GMAT? I'm kinda locked into taking the GMAT since I've taken two prep courses on it. And if you don't mind answering, what did you get your grad degree in?
BSIE at age of 26 - 2 years Tech, 4 years Marine Corps, 2 years of Tech.

MBA at 47 - took GMAT at 39, got fired, moved back to Atlanta, got married, waited while wife went back to school herself, applied to evening program at 44 on last year score was valid, and then started school that fall expecting our first child, graduated three years later expecting our second

YellowJacketClub

Georgia Tech Fan
I have graduated from Tech twice, once in my twenties and the other just a few years back (not in either my twenties or thirties). Can I still count as a young alumni?
I believe so - send Brittany and Christina an email.

I was past the 0-5 year category to receive accelerated points for YJC, but because I just graduated with my masters in the Spring 22, I was placed back in the 0-5 category. I had no idea YJC existed until Christina intercepted my donations to CDI and filtered them through the YJC to the Athletic Scholarship Fund, which was terrific because I received 6 points for every $100 I donated, 3 points for my donations, and 3 points for the matching contributions from the GT Foundation. So definitely reached out!

Also, thank you for your service!

TheWhiteKenyan

Jolly Good Fellow
I think YJC should do a better job advertising its existence to graduating undergrads. I’ve been in the club since graduating in ‘20 and have convinced a few peers to get season tix with me thanks to the young alumni discount - but they were unaware it even existed

YellowJacketClub

Georgia Tech Fan
I think YJC should do a better job advertising its existence to graduating undergrads. I’ve been in the club since graduating in ‘20 and have convinced a few peers to get season tix with me thanks to the young alumni discount - but they were unaware it even existed
I couldn't agree with you more. I, personally, did not know it existed until 3 months ago.