Introduce yourself

Buzz_404

Jolly Good Fellow
Hi everyone, I’ve grown up a Tech fan, my dad went to Tech and taught me about the white and gold very early on, I was singing to hell with Georgia at the age of three🤣 I was lucky enough to be at the famous Georgia tech FSU game in 2015, I’ll never forget that, I’m just gonna get it over with, I’m a big Geoff Collins supporter, love how he has remodeled the offense from the triple option but I also believe he needs to turn it around this season

Gtsidewalkfan1

Georgia Tech Fan
Hello everyone! I became a Georgia Tech fan in 1989. I have no affiliation with The Institute other than just being a huge fan. Fandom really set in when I went to a basketball scrimmage at Gainesville High School in 1991 and had Kenny Anderson sign a basketball for me. Of course the football team was great during that time frame. My favorite GT football moment was listening to the 1999 FSU game on the Armed Forces Radio network while stationed overseas. Wished we had won that one. I wait tables for a living and still find a way to buy season tickets every year. The wife and I now reside in Rabun Gap. We will be at every home game this year cheering on our team and supporting the young men who wear that beautiful Old Gold. Thank you for letting this sidewalk fan join this community!

Last edited:

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Hello everyone! I became a Georgia Tech fan in 1989. I have no affiliation with The Institute other than just being a huge fan. Fandom really set in when I went to a basketball scrimmage at Gainesville High School in 1991 and had Kenny Anderson sign a basketball for me. Of course the football team was great during that time frame. My favorite GT football moment was listening to the 1999 FSU game on the Armed Forces Radio network while stationed overseas. Wished we had won that one. I wait tables for a living and still find a way to buy season tickets every year. The wife and I now reside in Rabun Gap. We will be at every home game this year cheering on our team and supporting the young men who wear that beautiful Old Gold. Thank you for letting this sidewalk fan join this community!
welcome aboard. We are glad to have you here.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
You live just up the road from me 😊

slugboy

Staff member
That’s a pretty area of the state. Welcome to the board!

GT121314

Georgia Tech Fan
Hey everyone! I'm a Business major that graduated back in 2014. I've been a fan since about 2008 when my older brother started going to Tech. Before then, I honestly didn't care much for football, but now I'm a die-hard GT fan that married into a uga family a few years ago. It's been tough, but I've been winning my wife over to the gold side little by little each year. I reside down in southwest Georgia, about 30 minutes from the FL line. I don't make it to too many games in Atlanta, but will hopefully make it to the FSU game later this year!

slugboy

Staff member
Hey everyone! I'm a Business major that graduated back in 2014. I've been a fan since about 2008 when my older brother started going to Tech. Before then, I honestly didn't care much for football, but now I'm a die-hard GT fan that married into a uga family a few years ago. It's been tough, but I've been winning my wife over to the gold side little by little each year. I reside down in southwest Georgia, about 30 minutes from the FL line. I don't make it to too many games in Atlanta, but will hopefully make it to the FSU game later this year!
Welcome aboard!

Golden Tornadoes

Jolly Good Fellow
Sounds like you live near me! I haven't been to a game in ATL in a couple of seasons, but have already got my tickets for the FSU game and am ready to cheer us on!

GT121314

Georgia Tech Fan
Sounds like you live near me! I haven't been to a game in ATL in a couple of seasons, but have already got my tickets for the FSU game and am ready to cheer us on!

I haven't been to an ATL game since probably 2019. I went to the Clemson game with my wife and the uga game with some friends that live there. The Clemson fans around us were quite sympathetic to how bad our team was that year lol. Will probably buy our tickets to the FSU game here soon!

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Welcome aboard

AKABuzz

Georgia Tech Fan
Hi all. I thought I had previously introduced myself but I received an invite to write one. So here goes. I am probably one of the older ones on here. My ties to Tech started as a child. I was born in Atlanta and grew up in Dekalb county. A couple times a year we would go into the city and would go to the Varsity. Mom and Dad would tell me about Tech and how you had to be smart to go there. Occasionally, Dad would get tickets to the Ga - Ga Tech freshman game played on Thanksgiving Day. Those events hooked me on Tech. We were a lower middle class family, not quite trailer trash, but close. From my earliest memories, I was told I would be going to college and Mom/Dad were saving for college for my brother and I. I would be the first one in our family to go to college and I wanted to go to the best one I knew about.

I started Tech in 1974 (Pepper Rodgers first year) and got out in 1978. I received my BNE and married my now wife of 44 years in June 1978. Since then, we have, moved a few times and I worked mostly in the nuclear industry including the DoD and some large, small and mid level companies. I worked for start-ups and internationally known companies. I have worked on civil, mechanical, electrical, nuclear, fire protection, I&C, and cybersecurity projects. My titles included Engineer, Senior Project Manager, Business Development Manager and VP.

We have 2 grown children and One grandson. My wife and I live in south Forsyth county. We are a mixed family. My wife, daughter and son-in-law are all mutts. Along with myself, my son and daughter-in-law are all GT grads. We all love each other and find a way to make our differences work. The children arnd grandson all live out of state. We’ve had season football tickets for a number of years and had season basketball tickets for several years until 2017. That year I encountered a severe health issue which has left me disabled and retired.

Sorry for the long intro. Go Jackets!

slugboy

Staff member
Hi all. I thought I had previously introduced myself but I received an invite to write one. So here goes. I am probably one of the older ones on here. My ties to Tech started as a child. I was born in Atlanta and grew up in Dekalb county. A couple times a year we would go into the city and would go to the Varsity. Mom and Dad would tell me about Tech and how you had to be smart to go there. Occasionally, Dad would get tickets to the Ga - Ga Tech freshman game played on Thanksgiving Day. Those events hooked me on Tech. We were a lower middle class family, not quite trailer trash, but close. From my earliest memories, I was told I would be going to college and Mom/Dad were saving for college for my brother and I. I would be the first one in our family to go to college and I wanted to go to the best one I knew about.

I started Tech in 1974 (Pepper Rodgers first year) and got out in 1978. I received my BNE and married my now wife of 44 years in June 1978. Since then, we have, moved a few times and I worked mostly in the nuclear industry including the DoD and some large, small and mid level companies. I worked for start-ups and internationally known companies. I have worked on civil, mechanical, electrical, nuclear, fire protection, I&C, and cybersecurity projects. My titles included Engineer, Senior Project Manager, Business Development Manager and VP.

We have 2 grown children and One grandson. My wife and I live in south Forsyth county. We are a mixed family. My wife, daughter and son-in-law are all mutts. Along with myself, my son and daughter-in-law are all GT grads. We all love each other and find a way to make our differences work. The children arnd grandson all live out of state. We’ve had season football tickets for a number of years and had season basketball tickets for several years until 2017. That year I encountered a severe health issue which has left me disabled and retired.

Sorry for the long intro. Go Jackets!
Love it !

90sJacketsFan

Georgia Tech Fan
Hello everyone. My dad raised me to yell to hell with georgia since I was able to talk. I grew up on Tech football and the 1990 season will remain etched into my memory as quality time spent with dad every saturday. My favorite game attended was the '99 OT win over the dawgs. I ended up graduating as a Vol, but I learned how to fan from my dad and GT football. I joined the swarm bc I so desperately want the Jackets back again!

OP1

Georgia Tech Fan
New Swarm member but long time Tech fan, first game attended was in Pepper Rodgers era, think I was 13. Have several friends that are alums, until the last few years I went to at least one game per season. I bleed white and gold and harass local mutt fans every chance I get! One of my favorites games was in Athens for the GT comeback win in 2014! I ready for coaching change which I hope is very soon!!
THWG!!!