Introduce yourself

GT33

Helluva Engineer
Where did you hang out?
If you went to 4th & Fowler and drew a circle with about a 500 yd radius I think you'd nail it. Wherever there was free beer was it. If I wasn't there, Chollies or Peros, Grumpy's, Pippins, but lunch was always at Junior's. Varsity was always good for late night. It was fun watching people going to class while drinking beer over there on North Ave during the day. Too bad they knocked it down for the Hampton Inn. Yes, I did go to the Slimelight, Cheetah, and assorted other similar businesses. Golfed a lot but never got real good at it, did a fair amount of tubing the Hooch, roadtripped to away football & basketball games. Trying to remember the slam dancing place out on Luckie, Metroplex maybe. Ah the good old days.

GTRules

Georgia Tech Fan
If you went to 4th & Fowler and drew a circle with about a 500 yd radius I think you'd nail it. Wherever there was free beer was it. If I wasn't there, Chollies or Peros, Grumpy's, Pippins, but lunch was always at Junior's. Varsity was always good for late night. It was fun watching people going to class while drinking beer over there on North Ave during the day. Too bad they knocked it down for the Hampton Inn. Yes, I did go to the Slimelight, Cheetah, and assorted other similar businesses. Golfed a lot but never got real good at it, did a fair amount of tubing the Hooch, roadtripped to away football & basketball games. Trying to remember the slam dancing place out on Luckie, Metroplex maybe. Ah the good old days.
Sounds familiar. I lived at 5th and Techwood and hung out at those places as well.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Welcome Border Jacket. I love your part of the world. My first job out of Tech was in the Tallahassee area.A good friend of mine has farm land in the Attapalgus/Fowlstown area and a house near Reynold's Landing on Lake Seminole. I have spent a great part of my life fishing and hunting in your neck of the woods. Golfing at the Bainbridge CC. My friend is 84 now with Parkinson's so those days are behind me now but I still visit when I can. We are glad to have you here.

mikegro

Georgia Tech Fan
Hello GT Swarm! I'm new to the group. Swapping baseball tickets in this year where no gameday tickets are available was the inspiration for me to join. But, I look forward to hearing about all Yellow Jackets sports from the group. I'm a baseball season ticket holder for 17 years. I'm a football season ticket hold from when I got out in '86. Favorite game: Citrus Bowl. Go Jackets! THWg!

slugboy

Staff member
Hello GT Swarm! I'm new to the group. Swapping baseball tickets in this year where no gameday tickets are available was the inspiration for me to join. But, I look forward to hearing about all Yellow Jackets sports from the group. I'm a baseball season ticket holder for 17 years. I'm a football season ticket hold from when I got out in '86. Favorite game: Citrus Bowl. Go Jackets! THWg!
That is awesome. You’re a couple of years ahead of me.

Deleted member 2897

we have a solid loyal following here of all the major and even secondary sports. But you’ll find a nice group of soldiers in particular who passionately follow baseball. Welcome!

thecrowdedbooth

Georgia Tech Fan
Hello GTSwarm! I am new and seeking baseball ticket exchanges. I currently live in Atlanta and interestingly enough I am a broadcaster who freelances with Georgia Tech. I don't know if you all saw the triple play with the softball team against Clemson this past weekend, but I was on the call for that game on ACCN Extra! I will be filling in with the radio team here and there and look forward to meeting you all and immersing myself in the Tech fanbase! Glad to be a part!

georgePBurdell

Georgia Tech Fan
I don't care if you use/used the same one! :ROFLMAO: I'm sorry I gave you that impression, I do like your new one too. I think there are a few duplicates around so if you change it back no harm done. :buzz:
No problem, I kinda dig the Boss Ross snapshot. Inside that SI article, there was a great shot of Ken Swilling hanging out in front of Brittain, but I couldn’t find it online. This works!