Introduce yourself

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
Hello I am Rogers Mogill a transplanted Texan from N Alabama. Single, Widowed Guardian of 11 and 13 YO. Helped put man on the moon at Motorola Scottsdale AZ; Years with Hewlett Packard Instrumentation; Years in Medical Cardiovascular manufacturing companies. 6 children 11 Grandchildren. Enjoy fishing, dancing, reading historical novels, and helping my grandchildren grow and mature.

Cut my teeth on Alabama football, first game at 10 YO, Alabama Georgia when Trippi was back from the service. Became Tech fan when accepted leaving the Navy in 1961 transferring Credits from Sewanee BS Biology 56; BSEE 63 from Tech. Don't hear much about ACC and GT here in Tx. and is why I joined Swarm.

Best Tech game was Tech 7 Bama 6 1961 or 62. IIRC The Bear used both Namath and Stabler in that game trying to pull it out. Played 4 years HS football in Alabama and Washington; 4 years at NAIA level, Center and LB days of limited substitution. Remember LSU's Chinese Bandits? I enjoy college sports much more than pro. College Football and Baseball my favorites.
Last and most important I am a born again Christian, a patriotic conservative who still takes his vow to defend this nation from all enemies foreign and domestic very seriously.

Go Jackets!! Charlotte 2014!!

Last edited:

Essobee

Jolly Good Fellow
Hello I am Rogers Mogill a transplanted Texan from N Alabama. Single, Widowed Guardian of 11 and 13 YO. Helped put man on the moon at Motorola Scottsdale AZ; Years with Hewlett Packard Instrumentation; Years in Medical Cardiovascular manufacturing companies. 6 children 11 Grandchildren. Enjoy fishing, dancing, reading historical novels, and helping my grandchildren grow and mature.

Cut my teeth on Alabama football, first game at 10 YO, Alabama Georgia when Trippi was back from the service. Became Tech fan when accepted leaving the Navy in 1961 transferring Credits from Sewanee BS Biology 56; BSEE 63 from Tech. Don't hear much about ACC and GT here in Tx. and is why I joined Swarm.

Best Tech game was Tech 7 Bama 6 1961 or 62. IIRC The Bear used both Namath and Stabler in that game trying to pull it out. Played 4 years HS football in Alabama and Washington; 4 years at NAIA level, Center and LB days of limited substitution. Remember LSU's Chinese Bandits? I enjoy college sports much more than pro. College Football and Baseball my favorites.
Last and most important I am a born again Christian, a patriotic conservative who still takes his vow to defend this nation from all enemies foreign and domestic very seriously.

Welcome to the Swarm, '63. The best Tech site IMHO. Always nice to see old timers post here. Pretty old myself. (y)

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
Moved to Atlanta in 1982, took several post graduate classes at GT, studying for the Architectural licensing exam.
Over the years became a loyal sidewalk fan, had season tickets for football about 20 years.
Four years ago relocated to Boise, Idaho.
Staying loyal from afar ... can't quite get into the blue turf thing !!
BTW, still fly the GT house flag on football Saturdays.

thwgjacket

I'm thwgjacket. Went to school and played baseball at a school now in the ACC. We were in the Big East when I was there. Grew up hating UGA and became a Tech fan when a close family friend became a coach a few years ago. Really enjoy the site. I've already gotten in trouble on here but if this is the coaching staffs last year then you'll only have to deal with me this season. So, cheers.

Papa Doc

Georgia Tech Fan
Tech fan all my life. North stands football season tickets since '75 and the wishbone days and Gary Lanier. By the way, one of the best views of the option offense in the stadium. One of many great wins was when Lanier led the Jackets to a win over Notre Dame. Always support the players, coaches and GT regardless of outcomes. CFO for a great university.

sportingatl

Georgia Tech Fan
I'm the editor-in-chief of SportingATL.com, a new Atlanta sports site run by nine Georgia Tech alumni. I post under the name "ATLSportsGuy". I graduated in December 2010 with a degree in Industrial Engineering, and my favorite Jacket of all-time is Goose Godsey. I have a deeply-rooted hatred for the University of Georgia, and I drink my whiskey clear. When Tech wins a national championship, I'll be the guy torching couches on Techwood.

NotFrench

Georgia Tech Fan
I'm a contributing writer for Sporting ATL, so I know the guy above me. I graduated in 2010 with a B.S. in Management, and my favorite Jackets game was when we beat VT when they were ranked #4. I rushed the field and my picture got all over the internet. I've been a season ticket holder since graduating, so I've hardly missed a game since my freshman year in '06. I lead a pretty big tailgate of recent Tech grads, so stop by for a drink some time.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Good job Eric ...it helps to know who you are posting with...........great way to do bidness.

Goldisbest

Georgia Tech Fan
I grew up in Middle Georgia and attended Georgia College and State University and then went to Mercer for Law School (sidewalk fan). Most of my family back in Middle Georgia are fans of the wrong team. I moved to Atlanta after law school in 86 and started becoming a GT fan. I have 4 seas tix to football and 2 to BB. My kids and wife are avid Tech fans as well.

Mack

Helluva Engineer

Glad to see some mature blood here on the blog..........said mature not "old"/